Amp bypassed the easy way - plus, much thanks! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Amp bypassed the easy way - plus, much thanks!

zombie_fied

Reaction score
Hello all. I don't regularly post on forums, but they do make a nice reference. For instance, I recently bought a 95 Ford Explorer with the premium sound system (you know the God-awful stock amp, sub and CD DJ). Someone, sometime had apparently tried jacking the stock radio - because we all know that tape players are real hot on the streets these days -.-' Anyway, not knowing the warzone I'd be entering by trying to replace the stupid thing, I also bought a new HU to put in there. Well... I'm sure you all know how that is. It's a mess. I searched all over the internet for helpful advice, techniques or things that I could buy to help me and came up with NOTHING but posts on this site.

So, I would like to start by saying 'thank you' to all of Serious Explorers, because it seems you're the only group of people who know the terrors of the explorer audio system.

I posted my own write-up in the How-to section, the way that I did it, in case anyone out there is like me and doesn't want to wait for the harness and doesn't want to rewire every speaker from every door to the dash.

hey man im in need to do the same did your speaker cut in and out when you turn up the nob? and where is this how to i could really use some help

Back