• Register Today It's free!

Amp Wire Routing

2SEVEN

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Explorer XLS
I picked up my 02 last night. I am going to be installing my Basslink tonight. I am new to Explorers, any suggestions on the easiest direction to route my power, remote, and signal wires? I will be using 8 gauge wire so it should be pretty easy.

Also, is there a good spot to get through the firewall?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Right behind the brake pedal is a hole. Then down under the sill plates was the route i took.

That was my plan as well. Thanks for the firewall spot.

Whats the best way to take the dash out around the head unit?

Thanks!

Use a flat ip screwdriver and carefuly pry the bezel loose.

I used a butter knife, for no damage key is to use the WIDEST thinnest object. I'm sure a flathead will work too

Thanks everyone, just wanted to make sure there aren't any hidden screws somewhere.

put ur fuse under the hood and bolt it to the wall next to the battery and if you have 3rd row seating i leave my base in my seats and under my middle second row seat i keep my amp its pretty bad ass just hide your wires or it looks pretty bad

if you unbolt one the the seats you can put your ground cable in there also with about 8 inches of wire

i ran all the wires under the sill plates and had them come out right by the back of the second row. i made my own hole in the fire wall with a step drill and a grommet cuz for some reason i couldn't get my wire to fit through the one behind the brake pedal. there is plenty of room under the seat for the amp, but i mounted it on the back of the box for less wires running around, and so i could still fold down the seats if i need to haul stuff.

Got it all taken care of. Thanks guys.

Right behind the brake pedal is a hole. Then down under the sill plates was the route i took.

Do you have a picture of where you are talking about? I am trying to do the same and cannot find a hole there.
Thanks

Excuse me for not knowing but what are sill plates? Could you post any pictures?

Back