An EF tragedy... John Rock passed away | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

An EF tragedy... John Rock passed away

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jeff, that was very moving. Thanks for sharing that.

my father my best friend

Hi my name is Julia johnstone ..I am the daughter of john johnstone or as you guys called him Jj and john rock..I want to thank all of you he was a really special man,friend,father and best friend ..reading all your guys post makes me proud to be his daughter cus of how many lives he touched some one or another .thanks so much ..
I love you daddy and I miss you so much I feel lost without u but this is the time.where ill try to be strong for you and let you live through me ..I'm thankful for all you've shown me and all that we talked about and for getting me into offroading ..I still remember my first time in skittles when we were with Jeff and I finally made it over my obstacle I love you dad forever your babygirl
Julia ..mini Jj or jules
Ms.julesrock

Hi my name is Julia johnstone ..I am the daughter of john johnstone or as you guys called him Jj and john rock..I want to thank all of you he was a really special man,friend,father and best friend ..reading all your guys post makes me proud to be his daughter cus of how many lives he touched some one or another .thanks so much ..

I love you daddy and I miss you so much I feel lost without u but this is the time.where ill try to be strong for you and let you live through me ..I'm thankful for all you've shown me and all that we talked about and for getting me into offroading ..I still remember my first time in skittles when we were with Jeff and I finally made it over my obstacle I love you dad forever your babygirl

Julia ..mini Jj or jules

Ms.julesrock

Jeff with everything you have done for me when I was down, I wish I could be there to help. That 20 minute drive to see you and help you when you are dealing with this news doesn't seem so long anymore. So being that I have to fly forever to help call me, and I will be there.

There are many memories that at least the entire Texas crew will cherish forever that John was part of. I know how John was part of your growing family, and I know first hand how much he meant in yours and Lori's life. John will be deeply missed, but most of all i can see how everyone here is celebrating his life. I had awesome pictures and videos of him, but lost them all when my computer crashed.
For those of you that knew John and wheeled with him. Please post some more pictures of John so we can celebrate his life.
You will be missed.:salute:

I still remember my first time in skittles when we were with Jeff and I finally made it over my obstacle I love you dad forever your babygirl
Julia ..mini Jj or jules
Ms.julesrock

Julia and Skittles, her very first time wheeling!!!

We love you Julia!!!

Julia_1.jpg

julia_21.jpg

julia_31.jpg

Same place, same day Julia is actually riding shot gun in this picture, this is at Commanche Ridge here in Bastrop, Texas.

cr02011.jpg

Julia and Skittles, her very first time wheeling!!!

We love you Julia!!!

Julia_1.jpg

John was so proud of you that day. Julia we love you too all the way from Japan.

We still have the DVD that Chris made of this day, it would be nice if I could figure out how to rip it and post it.

This would be when I would make that phone call to my budy Johnstone..........

Hell I wish I still had the video of him trying to make it up the muddy hill right as we were leaving. He was having to much trouble and kept sliding back down. :chug:

Three things I remember from trips with John.

The first was when he came out to Truckhaven in 2001 or so. He drove out from Texas. He wasnt there for 5 minutes and was bombing down the washes and ripped the filler neck off the body with the rear tire. when I saw him in 2010 it was still the same way.

The Second was when he said him and his wife were going to sleep the the back seat of his Sport trac. Some how they fit and am not sure how the did it.

The third was in 2002 in Moab. He was trying to climb dump bump. Each time with a bit more gas. About the fourth try he got about 4ft of air on the front end. When he backed down to try again he stops. Rear door flies open and his daughter makes a run for it.

We will miss you John.

Here's a vid from when a couple California kids went out to visit some Texans.

Can't believe its coming up on 5 years ago.

My condolences to his family and friends

John put this video together, after we had gotten back from the 4/24/04 Gilmer trip, when Rick came to visit/wheel with us, Enjoy!!

The first time I meet John was when he was returning from Ca last year and had the trouble with his wheel on the Ft. Worth loop. I had recieved a message on FB from Jeff to give John a call, I called him and he explained that he might need his rig trailered to Hillsboro. It turned out he did need a trailer to move his rig to Hillsboro.

It was after dark by the time I made it to the Ft. Worth area, when I got close to where he was, I tried to call him but no answer, I just figured he was on the phone. As I drove thru the parking lot looking for him I must of been a funny site, driving up and down rows looking for him. I finally saw his rig and pulled up beside him, yep he was on the phone. So I just arranged the trailer in front of him and begin to set up the ramps, and he was still on the phone, but he did wave to me.

Before we loaded his rig, we were able to BS for a few minutes, then started to pull his rig on the trailer, we wondered if it would fit because I have railings on my trailer, John said there is only one way to find out and pulled up on the trailer. The tires rubbed against the rails and John just gave it more gas. He made it fit. We joked that we didn't need tie downs since it was so tight.

The drive to Hillsboro was a great time. John and I just BS'd about anything and everything. It was a great ride to his cousin's house in Hillsboro.

I will have this one memory of him forever.

RIP John :salute:

I found out through facebook that John had passed. Although I didn't really know him all that well, I only had dealings with him on the forum, but from what I understand he was a truly awesome guy.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Another sad loss

R.I.P. John

Si

R.I.P. John you will be missed and my codolences go out to your family

Horrible, horrible news... Like has been said by so many, he will be missed, greatly.

I was able to wheel with John in 3 different states and hang out with him in TX with the whole crew. A big funny dude, with the biggest heart you will ever find.

Jeff, Lori and Kris - If there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to reach out.

JJ_Daughters.png

Wow, im almost speechless. I didnt know John, but I always admired his Sport Trac. He seems like such a great guy. Ive read all these posts, and shed a few tears even. Especially of the picture of his ST on the beach with the sun rising, that really choked me up.

RIP John, I didnt know you personally, but it feels as if I lost a true friend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Never knew the man, but he sounds like one hell of a guy. R.I.P. John.

Back