An Excellent Idea!!! | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

An Excellent Idea!!!

Paul Gagnon

Poseur SUV
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sherwood Park, Alberta eh?
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
I received this as an e-mail today. I like the idea and I think I might start doing it. :D

If this will keep those idiots from sending junkmail, hey why not try it !!

A way to recycle the junk mail - Best option
for the homeowner.

When you get those pre-approved letters in the mail for everything from credit cards to 2nd mortgages and junk like that, most of them come with postage paid return envelopes, right? Well, why not get rid of some of your
other junk mail and put it in these cool little envelopes!

Send an ad for your local chimney cleaner to
American Express. Or a pizza coupon to Citibank.

If you didn't get anything else that day, then just send them their application back! Just make sure you send it back empty if you want to just keep 'em guessing!

Let's turn this into a chain letter! Eventually, the banks and credit card companies will begin getting all their junk mail back in the mail.

Let's let them know what it's like to get junk mail, and best of all.... THEY'RE paying for it! Twice!

Let's help keep our postal service busy since
they say e-mail is cutting into their business, and that's why they need to increase postage again!

Send this to a friend or two or three...or fifty!!! :D

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Joe93

Elite Dakota
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Sounds like a good idea. I'm going to start doing that.

<

mdrut

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Inverness, Fl.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 sport
WHAT A WONDERFUL IDEA.....I love it..lmao...

<

rockymntnhi

Reaction score
City, State
Pueblo, CO.
Year, Model & Trim Level
98' Sport
I just tried it ... Felt good too ..hehehe :rolleyes: :D

<

<

leenjen

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
in the poconos, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
that's a great idea:)

my wife and i each get credit card offers every week.
we even get junkmail about refinancing our mortgage...and we dont even have one!:rolleyes:

<

PLRBEAR

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary,AB,Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 EB 4x4
Tell me about it...i live in an apartment, and i get companies asking me if i want my fireplace and chimney cleaned. They call me once a year. I get lots of credit card applications, etc etc etc. I think i'm gonna send all this crap back inside out.

<

rpenner54

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Wichita KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Merc
I wonder if its possible to just make a new address lable for the envelope and use it for something you accually need to mail. Now that would be a blast!

<

rustytr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leadville, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
I live in an apartment too and I get banks sending me things that say I'm pre approved for a loan and then at the bottom in fine print it says limited to home owners.:rolleyes: My all time favorite ones are the guys that keep calling me telling me it's that time of year again when I need to get my lawn ready for fall and winter because remember last year??? Hmm I still didn't have a lawn last year.

<

Trckmagik

Ole Bag
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Celina, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
This is great i will try it

<

Heath

Elite Moderator Intoxicator
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Rigby, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Excursion (THE BUS)
Originally posted by rustytr
I live in an apartment too and I get banks sending me things that say I'm pre approved for a loan and then at the bottom in fine print it says limited to home owners.:rolleyes: My all time favorite ones are the guys that keep calling me telling me it's that time of year again when I need to get my lawn ready for fall and winter because remember last year??? Hmm I still didn't have a lawn last year.

Troy I get those same yahoo's calling me too... Even now that I've moved accross town they call me... I'd love to just be home when they call... So when they say we did it last you I can say really... So where do I live??? You apparently know who your calling...

<