An insteresting thing to check first if you have a max AC airflow issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

An insteresting thing to check first if you have a max AC airflow issue

Masterd

Reaction score
City, State
Upland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer Sport
I was having some problems with the max ac setting on my 93X. It would work fine on regular, but max ac would make a sucking sound under the dash, and air would not flow from the vents. Airflow on regular AC was also quite low. I just figured the blend door was broken and would live with it.

Fast forward to last weekend. I was getting coolant smell through the AC, so with your help, I went and got a new heater core. I dropped the glove box in its hinges, and to my surprise, I found a plastic bag, and tons of gas receipts and the like had fallen down into the dash. Upon removing all that garbage airflow went way up on all settings, and max AC now works

woo hoo, two fixes for the price of one...it sounds like it's an explorer day, i love it when that happens to me,lol...:D

Hi to all

This very same thing happened to me on a 93 thunderbird. I drove to the AC repair shop expecting the wor$t, but the mechanic was ethic enough to pull a plastic bag from under the dash.

He charged me $10 for breakfast.

Cheers

Alex

Back