Explorer Babe Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Middletown, Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
None
Be sure to keep us posted Sandy. I am sure everyone will be praying for ya.

Thanks Matt, here's the update. What I was diagnosed with is Atrial Fibrillation, it's when the atria quiver instead of beating properly making the heart beat irregularly. As to why this happened in most cases they don't know. but some factors include: Thyroid disorders, diabetes, high blood pressure(hypertension), excessive alcohol consumption and cigarette or stimulant drug use (including caffeine).

I have 2 of those factors, I'm hypertensive, even though I'm on medication and I have a sluggish thyroid for which I'm on medication too.

All the blood tests showed I did not or never have had a heart attack, but know I have to watch for this if it reoccurs. If you want to understand what I went through and the treatment involved, you can read this:

http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=9

This really explains everything you want to know.

I was released yesterday afternoon, and will return to work on Monday. Damn, having blood drawn three times a day over four days makes you tired

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and good thoughts.......love you guys you're the best :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad to hear everything came out ok. Sometimes nature gives us funny signs to tell us we need to slow down or take better care of ourselves, mine was severe asthma in 2006.
Next time we meet I will hafta give you a big hug :)

Glad to hear your alright. I am sure the nicer weather outside will help things.

glad to hear your out of the hospital!

It;s like a slap int he face when you find out something is seriously wrong with you! Hope all works out for you and will pray that there will be no heart attacks in your future!

Take care.. get some rest!

Back