And It shall be called "Frankensplorer"... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

And It shall be called "Frankensplorer"...

A little about myself: I'm 22, married to my high school sweetheart, have a 3 year old son, originally from Alabama, and in the US Army (currently stationed in Missouri).

I bought my FIRST Ford last week. It is a 97 Explorer XLT, 4x4, 4 door, 234k+ miles, and 3 different colors right now.

Goodish:
"New" Engine, has 120k miles
New Battery and Alternator
Brakes about 8 months old
Not very much rust

Bad:
Windshield has started to crack on top passenger side
Needs quite a bit of body work (deep dents)
Interior is trashed
Needs shocks
New front fenders and hood were put on by previous owner and not correctly

Work I've done so far:
Taken off side steps and pieces by back bumper
New driver door handle and latch
Cleaned IAC, looks new again
New air filter holder

Below are some pics:

315ifed.jpg

282m8nk.jpg

2eklna8.jpg

1z4h152.jpg

214qalg.jpg

10qknwx.jpg

34grlzd.jpg

2ilhfsy.jpg

2wcm8op.jpg

jt2rfq.jpg

15q95xv.jpg

Hope y'all enjoy!

:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ooph, looks like you got a project. Wonder why it needed a new engine with only 115,x.. on the original?

Looks like a good start for a project car! Have fun!

Ooph, looks like you got a project. Wonder why it needed a new engine with only 115,x.. on the original?

the ex had around 230k miles when an engine with 119k miles was put in.

Thanks RyansX, that's the plan. I gotta stay busy during the winter. lol.

From looking at other member's 2nd Gen Eddie Bauers, I'm guessing my front fenders are from an Eddie Bauer??? Any help would be appreciated!!

From looking at other member's 2nd Gen Eddie Bauers, I'm guessing my front fenders are from an Eddie Bauer??? Any help would be appreciated!!

They look like they dont match the rest of the body. Id do a write down your vin number and then look it up to see all the facts about it. You will probably have to pay for it but its like $2.00 but its well worth it IMO

Back