And the wait begins....ordered yesterday! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

And the wait begins....ordered yesterday!

Hink

Reaction score
City, State
WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
Placed our order last night for 2016 XLT, silver with black leather. We couldn't find one exactly optioned how we wanted so we are having it built. Dealer claims 6 to 8 weeks but from reading here it seems like it could be longer :( oh well, more time for a bigger down payment I guess lol. Looking forward to learning more about the new ride before getting to even see it!

Hink

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats and if the dealer has allocation and there's no delay during transportation; you will very well be taking delivery in that time frame.

I sure hope so, 6 weeks will seem like forever, let alone 8 or longer!

Got a text from the dealership, tentative delivery date of april 4th. If that holds true it will be just barely over 6 weeks, cant wait!

Placed our order last night for 2016 XLT, silver with black leather. We couldn't find one exactly optioned how we wanted so we are having it built. Dealer claims 6 to 8 weeks but from reading here it seems like it could be longer :( oh well, more time for a bigger down payment I guess lol. Looking forward to learning more about the new ride before getting to even see it!

Hink
If you want to read up on it you can get the Owner's Manual here;
https://owner.ford.com/tools/accoun...oLogin=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage&ord=85100321

Peter

Thanks Peter, good info!

Received word that our Ex in in transit! Looks like it very well could be here tomorrow!!

Thanks for the follow up.

Post some pics of the birthday party.

Ok, so Im wondering if i should be concerned or not. Salesman says they got a delivery receipt on monday, yet the vehicle has yet to arrive. He says that routinely the vehicle is on the lot 3-4 hours after receiving the delivery receipt. Obviously not the case here :(

Is there any way to track the exact location of the vehicle once it is considered "in transit"? Is it possible its sitting on another dealers lot?? Expected this thing to be in my driveway by now :(

Hink

Ok, so Im wondering if i should be concerned or not. Salesman says they got a delivery receipt on monday, yet the vehicle has yet to arrive. He says that routinely the vehicle is on the lot 3-4 hours after receiving the delivery receipt. Obviously not the case here :(

Is there any way to track the exact location of the vehicle once it is considered "in transit"? Is it possible its sitting on another dealers lot?? Expected this thing to be in my driveway by now :(

Hink
I would think that is something that your salesman can do.

Peter

He claims otherwise. Im going talk to a sales manager tomorrow and hopefully get some better info...keyword "hopefully".

The first place I'd look is the rail yard it was unloaded at.

The first place I'd look is the rail yard it was unloaded at.

In NY, and probably most other cities, the delivery is Union. So, your vehicle may be sitting at the rail staging area awaiting a union truck to pick it up and deliver it to your dealer.
Your dealer is powerless until it shows up....unless they have friends who drive the trucks.

20160407_191404_zpsn8gkfyaq.jpg

Finally showed up yesterday, they claim the car hauler broke down. I need to clean it back up, rain and sleet made for a nasty day to bring it home. So, from start to finish it was around 7 weeks. Ill post up some better pics one i get it all shined up. :)

Looks damn nice, even in the rain.

Finally showed up yesterday, they claim the car hauler broke down. I need to clean it back up, rain and sleet made for a nasty day to bring it home. So, from start to finish it was around 7 weeks. Ill post up some better pics one i get it all shined up. :)
Very, very nice. Congratulations. The only thing is that it doesn't look much like a 2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71.:D

Peter

Thanks fellas!

Peter, its a special edition Tahoe ;-)

I get the joy of cruising in the clunker and wife will be sporting the new ride. Lucky me lol.

Back