Android Auto Waze fully zoomed in

Explorinum

Reaction score
City, State
Catskills
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST
Hi all:

When my Android phone is plugged [USB C to USB C] in and I use Waze, the screen is fully zoomed in. So when on a highway, it should be zoomed out but when getting closer to an exit or at lower speeds, it should be zoomed in a bit. So, on the highway, I just see the local streets, exits fly by. I have it set to auto zoom.

However, when my phone is not plugged in, it works as expected.

I have checked all possible settings on AA, Sync and the phone itself but cannot see anything that would point in this direction. We do not have another vehicle with AA capabilities.

Wondering if anyone has had this experience or have some advice.

Thank you,

Jay

Has this been recently? I've noticed Waze has been wonky for me on CarPlay the past couple of weeks. To fix things, I have to shut the waze app on my phone (while connected to carplay) and then restart the app on the phone. Otherwise it's missing features and has even reported the wrong gps position.

Has this been recently? I've noticed Waze has been wonky for me on CarPlay the past couple of weeks. To fix things, I have to shut the waze app on my phone (while connected to carplay) and then restart the app on the phone. Otherwise it's missing features and has even reported the wrong gps position.

Well actually - yes.

And, like you, the GPS has had me leaving my regular route on the highway [where there aren't even exits], figuring something out and then getting back on the highway [where there are no entrance ramps].

I will give the reboot a try and see what happens.

Thank you MM.

Jay

Back