Android radio and remote start questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Android radio and remote start questions

Kikinz24

Reaction score
City, State
Youngstown, ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer base
Okay so I have been looking into the Android radios for the Explorer and come to find out these radios do not support the factory remote start options in retaining the heat and AC controls I'm curious if anyone has ever figured this out yet what I'm really trying to figure out is will the heat and AC functions not work with the remote start because there is no power to the aftermarket radio bezel. If that is the case could you not use a 12-volt power that comes on when you do use remote start for example the the gauge cluster.
Also
Does anyone know if the heater control module and blower motor get power when you push the remote start but just do not turn on because there is no signal or if there is actually no power whatsoever to them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When you use remote start, depending on what the temperature is, the heat or A/C along with the blower motor comes on if the temperature is within the specified range.

Peter

Not with the aftermarket Android radio. I contacted both the manufacturer and someone else who has one stated the aftermarket bezel and radio doesn't let the remote start retain the heat and AC and will not turn on until the vehicle is actually started with the key

Not with the aftermarket Android radio. I contacted both the manufacturer and someone else who has one stated the aftermarket bezel and radio doesn't let the remote start retain the heat and AC and will not turn on until the vehicle is actually started with the key
I thought it was a general question and wasn't aware it was in regards to the Android radio.:oops:

Peter

I thought it was a general question and wasn't aware it was in regards to the Android radio.:oops:

Peter
It's all good just trying to figure out a work around before dropping 500$ on a radio and losing my remote start heat functions... It's cold here and remote start is more important than Bluetooth / backup camera/ and whatever other goodies the radio has.. im just not sure if the radio just doesn't power up allowing the bezel to allow whatever settings were on last to turn on... Or if it reverts back to the off position every time you shut the vehicle down

First post... sorry if this is a silly question. Any information on if the issue only affects 'last heat/AC setting' in regards to the preheat? My XLT has a vehicle setting where you can select between 'last known' and automatic. Wondering if you leave the vehicle setting on automatic if that would make a difference with the aftermarket radio instal.

First post... sorry if this is a silly question. Any information on if the issue only affects 'last heat/AC setting' in regards to the preheat? My XLT has a vehicle setting where you can select between 'last known' and automatic. Wondering if you leave the vehicle setting on automatic if that would make a difference with the aftermarket radio instal.

Not sure. This is why I am trying to find someone who may have it who has messed with this.. according to both the manufacturer and one member it will not retain the remote start information... Also most xlt have the 8" my Ford touch which this Android radio will not work in.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Back