• Register Today It's free!

Annoying squeaking....

Eeshie80

Reaction score
City, State
Beaver Dams, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT 4x4
I guess I should start from the beginning to make sure you have all the details...
First my sway bar linkage broke, I took it in to get it fixed and was told my ball joints need replaced. So I scheduled an appt to have them done as well, picked it up on a friday after work, ran fine. About 25-30 miles after I left the shop it starts squealing TERRIBLE! The entire time it was moving! Ear piercing! As I said it was friday so I couldn't get it back til monday, by the time monday came around it was still squealing but not as bad, mainly a squeaking sound when applying brakes. They tell me its my rotors...second opinion says its not rotors its brakes...fix the brakes, problem solved, or so I thought... A few days later it starts squeaking again! Take it to get looked at again, they say that some clip fell off and was stuck, so fix that and again the problem stops, now a week later its squeaking again!!! Still mainly when applying brakes and now its starting when I turn corners. Now I'm told its calipers???? Ugh! I am so sick of fixing the same problem and never really fixing the problem...Please someone HELP!!!!!

Welcome to the forum.

Are you taking it back to the same shop every time?

Either take it somewhere else or if possible, try to inspect it yourself at home. You have found the right place for all the information you need right here to help you accomplish this on your own.

Find another mechanic.

Back