Annual Truck Haven California Run 2006 Feb 4-5 2006 | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Annual Truck Haven California Run 2006 Feb 4-5 2006

tdavis said:
Ok, I will be needing time Friday AM to do some basic adjustments on the Zuk's rear end. It should really only take a few hours.. So anyone coming on Thursday, we will have a short tutorial on how to adjust a coil-over supension on Friday AM. Lunch will not be served, it's on your own.. :D
Then, the Zuk is back on the trailer and Tom is a passenger...............just based upon Tom's luck at Truckhaven. :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gopher said:
I'm thinking that is directed at me :D I'm still trying to figure out what to bring from looking at the sign-up list.

It wasn't directed at you. Just a reminder to anybody who hasn't signed up. You could bring a vegetable such a peas, beans, etc.

BK, I hope it hurts REAL bad! Love Ya!

BKennedy said:
I can hear Char's voice in my head..............AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
You know deep down he really likes it :cool:

BKennedy said:
Then, the Zuk is back on the trailer and Tom is a passenger...............just based upon Tom's luck at Truckhaven. :p

Isn't this the truth..

:confused:

Everyone wonders why I am not done in the build, it's because I keep double, triple checking things..

".... it's because I keep double, triple breaking things...."

GJarrett said:
".... it's because I keep double, triple breaking things...."

No, I've never broken the same thing twice.

It's always something different each time.

well, i may have to miss another run. last night my u-joint let go and the entire driveshaft departed the vehicle. gotta go asess the damages.

exploderpilot said:
well, i may have to miss another run. last night my u-joint let go and the entire driveshaft departed the vehicle. gotta go asess the damages.

Junkyard! :thumbsup:

exploderpilot said:

Yah come on stop being a pansy!!! I'm seriously considering running outside and ripping out my weak sauce auto tcase and throwing in the manual...I'm starting to get nervous now that Section525 conivinced me to go today :eek:

okay I'm gonna go install it...weather said it's supposed to be 34* tonight...i miss socal lol :eek: :confused: good thing i have plenty of cold beer :rolleyes: :chug:

Josh S. said:
I'm starting to get nervous now that Section525 conivinced me to go today :eek:
Nice!

Josh S. said:
okay I'm gonna go install it...weather said it's supposed to be 34* tonight...i miss socal lol :eek: :confused: good thing i have plenty of cold beer :rolleyes: :chug:
Chico beers!! PBR or Natty Light? Or are you not a "poor" college student, and spring for the coors light? ;)

As of today I am out of work so we will see how the funds look come time for t-haven if I dont get something before then. :mad: :fire:

FROADER said:
Nice!

Chico beers!! PBR or Natty Light? Or are you not a "poor" college student, and spring for the coors light? ;)

WOW dude I can tell you've been to Chico!!! :D :chug: Well I would have to say that I'm not your traditional poor college student...(have a good remote job from socal...designing irrigation systems on CAD) Picked up an 18pack of da CL from Tonys liquor(11.99 special ;) )...Not sure if ya know where tonys is, but I live right across the street from it...a little bit too convenient heh heh. West sacramento avenue and warner is where I'm at. Anyways yah I can't drink those ultra bottom of the barrel beers unless I'm really in a pinch. For casual everyday drinkin I go for CL...something happened to me this last semester because I used to be all about the bud light. Anyways, last night was Sierra Nevada (4.99 a six pack :thumbsup: ) and a sparks. We had some kegs of High Life, but oh man that **** is pretty bad. Moosehead was the best...enuf about booze haha...

Just got in from outside...brrrrrr...got the old electric weak sauce tcase torn out, and the new one bolted to the tranny. MAN some of those bolts are a PITA to reach...especially when yer damn 13mm CRAP harbor freight wrench blows out on ya!!! I really need to get me a nice set of crapsman one of these days...

So, just gotta bolt up the driveshafts tommorrow, then hook up and install the linkage and shifter and all that nonsense. Found a few parts at the ole' junkyard today with Section525 that complete the install :)

I really would like to get my rear suspension dialed in by the time the trip rolls around, but I don't think ordering Kings and building a crossmember and mounting bumps/limits is going to happen by that time. Oh well, at least I will have the rear fiberglass mounted and lookin pretty for you guys :D All I wanted to do was show up exploderpilot on that jump!!! :confused:

Here is proof that my ass was out in the cold working tonight :p Oh and then there is one of my backup...just in case a tranny fell on me or something LOL

Attachments

• dirty.jpg
    dirty.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 169
  • wino.jpg
    wino.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 197

Drinkin' my wine makes me feel fine, gonna have me a holiday!

attachment.php

LOL!!

Nothing like a date with a box of wine.. :D

I think that is something we need at the Potluck, A Box-o-Wine. It cant be beat.

show me up on the jump? are you crazy? i'm gonna fling that thing into orbit now!!!! i gotta find me a piece of pipe for a driveshaft now.......

I went over and caught him working today. I couldn't believe it.

Also, his HF tools are ****. :roll:

Attachments

• josh.jpg
    josh.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 157

section525 said:
I went over and caught him working today. I couldn't believe it.

Also, his HF tools are ****. :roll:

You know if you want some preety good tools cheap, Sears has there lower brand called "Champion" it's not bad. I have both craftsman and champion tools. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hi all! after a long time from any camping and wheeling trips i need to get back aboard,i thought i missed this years trip but i see it hasn't happened yet.my explorer is sick right now so it's resting.but i have an 4wheel drive quad now and a dependable transport van.i have a bunch of boxed fire wood thats dry and ready to be used.i have time off,some money and a map.i didn't see diff whack signed up? so i dont get to roll over on my side" darn it" just kidding kev.i should arrive about 3.00pm on friday.i will look at the pot luck list see whats left to bring. see you there..................anthony

Back