Another 2013 Sport Ordered | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another 2013 Sport Ordered

Congratz.. welcome to the club ... I hit the build and price link 2 or 3 times day so that I can look at my new Ingot Silver Sport..

I feel like I'm in one of those old Mervyn's commercials.. "Open .. Open .. Open .."

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Price

Has there been much price negotiating with regards to the Sport orders or are people paying msrp?

Has there been much price negotiating with regards to the Sport orders or are people paying msrp?

I imagine since none have been delivered there has been no price negotiations yet. I was told by my dealer that they don't have any numbers to do a deal on yet.

They are available on X Plan, which saved me about $2650 off MSRP. If I had added all of the options, the savings off MSRP would have been greater.

Edmunds shows the true market value of the sport around $2900 lower than MSRP.

I had been waiting on news of the new pathfinder. I was a bit underwhelmed with the announcement but the price point is likely quite a bit lower than the Ex.

However, I am seriously looking at a ruby red sport with everything except rear DVD. I drove a Flex with the EcoBoost and the power is drawing me in. Didn't like the Flex but love the engine. I do like the style of the sport though I am used to a luxury drive so I'm not sure about the sport suspension. $50k is a lot to spend on a vehicle I haven't driven.

I have never had this much difficulty deciding on a car and the waiting isn’t helping.

Cory - I sent you a PM with our order detail. Would it be possible for you to check when you have a moment - Unfortunately, our dealer is not communicating very well.

Thanks,

Cherie

Congratz.. welcome to the club ... I hit the build and price link 2 or 3 times day so that I can look at my new Ingot Silver Sport...
I’m sorry for missing your reply, 13Sport. Be careful not to obsess too much about it. :thumbsup: You won’t have a VIN yet, so send me a PM with your order number & dealer details and I’ll keep you in the loop.

bigpun334,

Be sure to check the “Incentives” page for discounts available to you in your area:

http://www.Ford.com/Incentives

You can also call the Marketing Program Headquarters @ 1-800-334-4375 to talk to a live agent. :) All offers are subject to change, so be sure to consult your dealership.

I imagine since none have been delivered there has been no price negotiations yet...
...If I had added all of the options, the savings off MSRP would have been greater.
13Sport & WiEx,

Thanks for taking the time to help out. :)

...However, I am seriously looking at a ruby red sport with everything except rear DVD...I have never had this much difficulty deciding on a car and the waiting isn’t helping.
kaelin,

It’s definitely worth the wait (even though I’m a little biased ;)). I’m sure you’ll get feedback from other community members.

Cory - I sent you a PM with our order detail. Would it be possible for you to check when you have a moment...
I don’t see anything in my inbox from you, Cherie. I’m guessing the message didn’t go through; could you please re-send it? :D

Cory

EBSport had earlier mentioned that scheduling begins 8/16, but as of now I don't know anyone who has had their Sport scheduled.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3003214&postcount=29

As I said, that was the tentative date. Every thing at Ford is subject to change and you are correct, I know of no Sport's that have scheduled at this time. First 2 weeks of Job 2's are scheduling, so there must be some sort of holdup on the Sport and I have not seen a recent Commodity and Constraint report to see if any mention is made about the delay. Lets hope next week is a better week...

Thanks Cory - I resent just now.

Lets hope next week is a better week...

Yes.. lets hope!! ;) I have to turn in my vehicle next week, so unless I can convince my wife to let me take her Camaro, I'll be in a rental until it comes!

...Every thing at Ford is subject to change and you are correct, I know of no Sport's that have scheduled at this time...
I haven’t seen any Sports scheduled yet, EBSport; I’m keeping my eyes peeled! :shifty_ey LOL

Thanks Cory - I resent just now.
I appreciate the lowdown, cputman; you have a reply waiting in your inbox. :)

Yes.. lets hope!! ;) I have to turn in my vehicle next week, so unless I can convince my wife to let me take her Camaro, I'll be in a rental until it comes!
13Sport,

I’ll gladly keep an eye on your order, 13Sport. You won’t have a VIN yet, so shoot me a PM with your order number & dealer information. :thumbsup:

Cory

Attempting to order the Sport...

Nice to see some other that share my anticipation and frustration.

I have not ordered mine yet, but am talking to 3 different dealerships to get a better idea on deposit policies and expected shipment dates. The first place I walked into was deer-in-the-headlights when I asked them about the vehicle. I was able to test drive the Limited, but was disappointed with the power and the fact that it was front wheel drive 4X2. In my opinion, they should be required to drop the "S" off the SUV tag. The dealership said a $500 deposit was required for pre-order.

I recieved this from Natasha at Ford Services:
"The Explorer Sport is expected to arrive at dealers late fall, so possibly around October. I hope you can hold out until then! If you end up placing an order, I can keep you filled in on the status until it arrives. :) Keep me posted!"

My wife is not comfortable with an unknown delivery date, so I am on the hunt for more certainty before handing $500 over. Complicating matters is that we have only one car at the time and using the inlaws xtra car to fill the gap (can't last forever). Given the history of this roll-out, I am not confident in the "early Sept" build date.

Keeping my fingers crossed for early Sept - good luck to all.

Keeping my fingers crossed for early Sept - good luck to all.

Builds start in September, if you haven't ordered already, then you likely wouldn't see an available vehicle on the lot until October (or later) like your dealer said. Unless your dealer already ordered, but then it would be first come first serve as well.

Thanks, 13Sport

Copy that. Sounds like I need to place an order ASAP to minimize the wait time.

Do you have full confidence that they will start in September given the "subject to change" clause? I saw from an earlier post that you are prepared to rent until delivery once you trade in...could be pretty costly if there are delays.

You have been a great help thus far.

Do you have full confidence that they will start in September given the "subject to change" clause? I saw from an earlier post that you are prepared to rent until delivery once you trade in...could be pretty costly if there are delays.

You have been a great help thus far.

The rental will be roughly the cost of my previous car payment, so I'm not overly concerned. The "Subject to Change" clause is with any order you put in, there are tons of variables including materials, dealer allocation (you may put an order in with your dealer, but their orders are held until other dealers orders are filled based on the amount of cars they are allowed to purchase per period, etc), etc. I ordered in June, So by now I'm used to waiting ;) I mentioned in a post somewhere I click the build and price page about 2 or 3 times a day just to look at it though ;)

Do you have full confidence that they will start in September given the "subject to change" clause?...
You’re right, JoeDewi: The Sport production timeline is subject to change. They are expected to start scheduling at the end of the month. I suggest submitting the order as soon as possible.

...Unless your dealer already ordered, but then it would be first come first serve as well.
Thanks for helping out, 13Sport; I’ve been keeping an eye on yours. :)

Cory

JoeDewi, I certainly understand your concern with the various deposit policies of the Ford Dealers. I, too, drove the limited (4WD) and thought that the power was lacking. Once I read about the sports engine and the steering and suspension changes to handle the extra horse, I was sold, subject to a final test drive, when she arrives.

I placed our order in June, shortly after dealers opened the order bank, and yes, I happily deposited $500, which is completely refundable at any time, for any reason. So as someone else mentioned, I am accustomed to waiting at this time. Although, since July 15th, sharing my Expedition with our teenage son has been challenging. This will make the delivery of our sport that much more special.

I'm sure that none of us will be dissapointed.

Cherie

Thanks, 13Sport, Cory, and Cherie

I hear you on the car-sharing.

I was able to talk to 3 separate dealers today to get their take on arrival date. Two of them are planning on seeing the first ones roll in mid to late October - they had the same or similar info consistent with what Cory has posted so far. One of these two is at a dealership that does not follow a commission structure (salaried) and he recommended that we plan on early Nov. Unfortunately, the sales rep I have been working with knows the least about the timeline, but is the only one who has the 100% refundable $500 deposit (the other two dealers require $1000 down nonrefundable). He is working on getting more details, but I can tell he does not really want to waste his time on it until he has the $500 check. I asked for his deposit policy in writing - he replied that there is no official policy - I replied that he can write it out by hand, and he and his manager can sign - he said that would be OK. He referred to the deposit as a "good faith gesture".

The takeaway here is that my better half is coming around on this and I have go ahead to place the order given that there is no deposit monkey business at the dealership.

It still seems unbelievable that you can buy loaded Limited for around the same price as a 400A Sport even after bargaining. The purchase price of the Limited will absolutely plumet once the Sport is there for people to test drive. For anyone that knows what the Otto Cycle is, this is a no brainer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...I placed our order in June, shortly after dealers opened the order bank, and yes, I happily deposited $500, which is completely refundable at any time, for any reason. So as someone else mentioned, I am accustomed to waiting at this time...
You’ve been very patient, Cherie; things should start getting very exciting soon. :thumbsup: Start checking in with me via PM late next week. :)

...The takeaway here is that my better half is coming around on this and I have go ahead to place the order given that there is no deposit monkey business at the dealership...
Congrats on getting the go-ahead, JoeDewi! Shoot me a PM when you get your order credentials (order number & dealer info) and I’ll gladly track it. :D

Cory

Back