Another 2014 Sport Ordered :) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another 2014 Sport Ordered :)

Nice. Do you need the front licence plate in Ontario?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats on ordering your Sport. I was thinking of ordering one now myself, but I'm starting to think, if it takes approximately 12 weeks to get your car, I may just wait for the 2015. I think the plant closes for a while for the Xmas break, which wud make it an even longer delay. I just want one soon. Lol

Congrats on ordering your Sport. I was thinking of ordering one now myself, but I'm starting to think, if it takes approximately 12 weeks to get your car, I may just wait for the 2015. I think the plant closes for a while for the Xmas break, which wud make it an even longer delay. I just want one soon. Lol

Usually next model year is July/August Job1

Well picked it up yesturday afternoon, all good with it!!

Infact, I got a bit of a surprise from my dealer. He says "So I need to talk to you as a few things have changed since you ordered" I was like awwww crap what now!!

He says, the deal you orginally had was good at the time, but given the current offers I can actually get you a better deal on this. In the end he ended up saving me about $40/month on payments, I was pleasantly surprised.

Did the first trip into work this morning (100km) in snowy snow conditions, sadly is was all at slow speed :( But so far it is super comfy and I am very happy with it. Ford has done a great job with this vehicle. :thumbsup:

1506966_10151855833544702_326703345_n.jpg

So how long was the total time from walking into the dealership to place your order to actually receiving it? Also, are there advantages to placing an order to taking what is on the lot; other than the obvious picking options and no one else atually driving it? I have looked at a couple of them and hate the idea of getting a vehicle someone else has driven...Are rebates or other cost reductions lost if you order?

I appreciate all responses in advance....

So how long was the total time from walking into the dealership to place your order to actually receiving it? Also, are there advantages to placing an order to taking what is on the lot; other than the obvious picking options and no one else atually driving it? I have looked at a couple of them and hate the idea of getting a vehicle someone else has driven...Are rebates or other cost reductions lost if you order?

I appreciate all responses in advance....

The 14 Sport seems to be a little slower then the rest of the models, several of us waited 3 months, others not so long.

I guess it depends when you place the order and how that order fits with the SPORT build cycle.

The plant shuts down for Xmas so maybe order after.

I ordered Sept 13 and my build was December5/6, ETA went from Dec 22 to Jan 1 but Im on West Coast.

Your location plays a big role in delivery too.

If you want a SPORT you have to order as the demand is so high right now Ford is not allowing dealers to order stock.

You get any rebates you were entitled to at the time of the deal locked in.

Usually next model year is July/August Job1
Thanks for the heads up, I may for the 2015. I have to wait til after Xmas to order, then wait 3 months, I'm thinking for a few more more months I may as well wait. I'm hearing they may update a few things like accessories and lights.
Well picked it up yesturday afternoon, all good with it!!

Infact, I got a bit of a surprise from my dealer. He says "So I need to talk to you as a few things have changed since you ordered" I was like awwww crap what now!!

He says, the deal you orginally had was good at the time, but given the current offers I can actually get you a better deal on this. In the end he ended up saving me about $40/month on payments, I was pleasantly surprised.

Did the first trip into work this morning (100km) in snowy snow conditions, sadly is was all at slow speed :( But so far it is super comfy and I am very happy with it. Ford has done a great job with this vehicle. :thumbsup:

1506966_10151855833544702_326703345_n.jpg
Beautiful ride, good luck with her. $40 a month is awesome, that's $40 bucks more to after market accessories!! I want to get a white one, but now my 12 year old saw the Red, and she's coming down on me heavy LOL.

The 14 Sport seems to be a little slower then the rest of the models, several of us waited 3 months, others not so long.

I guess it depends when you place the order and how that order fits with the SPORT build cycle.

The plant shuts down for Xmas so maybe order after.

I ordered Sept 13 and my build was December5/6, ETA went from Dec 22 to Jan 1 but Im on West Coast.

Your location plays a big role in delivery too.

If you want a SPORT you have to order as the demand is so high right now Ford is not allowing dealers to order stock.

You get any rebates you were entitled to at the time of the deal locked in.

Thanks for the information....I may just buy the one the dealership has.....

Back