another 4406 install thread | Page 3 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

another 4406 install thread

Dono

347 V8 Limited turbo
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Limited V8
I just posted this picture in another thread, but it does show the boot Im using.
It was another ebay purchase. Its a "WheelSkins Black Shift Boot Genuine Leather Universal Fit".

Attachments

• 22_6 mpg.jpg
    22_6 mpg.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 179
<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

93 x_SPORT

Reaction score
City, State
GARRETT, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Eddie Bauer V8 AWD
Wow, that looks really good! Like it even better than the other one.

<

Dono

347 V8 Limited turbo
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Limited V8
I thought a straight up view would show the leg room better. I found the boot on ebay for under $20.00 It does fit really well.

<

traveler

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mesa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 EB Explorer 5.0
I just posted this picture in another thread, but it does show the boot Im using.
It was another ebay purchase. Its a "WheelSkins Black Shift Boot Genuine Leather Universal Fit".

I know this is an older thread, but I'm really liking not only that shift boot, but that avg. MPG of 22.5 is a thing of beauty.. lol

Sent from my H866C using Forum Runner

<

joshuaj0214

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, Delaware
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 5.0 Sport
Hey Dono what did you attach the new shift boot to? i have been looking for something similar to what you have but i keep finding ones with colored stitching. i also run a body lift so my shifter doesn't stick up as far, i wonder how well the stock F150 one would work for me?

<

Dono

347 V8 Limited turbo
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Limited V8
I was going to figure out a way to attach the shift boot to the carpet, but it sits fine, and doesn't move around so I haven't bothered.

The stock F-150 boot body just sits out too far and your leg will rub a bit when you move around. This isn't really dependent on the shifter being lower, but more on how big the F-150 boot is.

I just had a look for 'WHEELSKINS UNIVERSAL SHIFT BOOT - BLACK', and all I found was one on amazon for over $50.00. I guess I was just lucky, timing is everything sometimes.

For securing, I was even thinking something like molding an old coat-hanger, and a few screws underneath, but It just isn't an issue how it is.

<

joshuaj0214

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, Delaware
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 5.0 Sport
thanks for the reply. i couldn't find one like you had either for that price. i was looking into the street rod company "Lokar" and they have some sweet boots and black or chrome bezel kits for like 50-70 bucks but they're made for a flat surface and id hate to spend that kind of money and have to bend it to fit the curved tunnel. i couldn't salvage the stock boot in the truck i got the shifter from so i haven't seen one in person to measure or try. back to the drawing board i guess...

<

Turdle

Lowrider
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
thanks for the reply. i couldn't find one like you had either for that price. i was looking into the street rod company "Lokar" and they have some sweet boots and black or chrome bezel kits for like 50-70 bucks but they're made for a flat surface and id hate to spend that kind of money and have to bend it to fit the curved tunnel. i couldn't salvage the stock boot in the truck i got the shifter from so i haven't seen one in person to measure or try. back to the drawing board i guess...

Go to Facebook and look for Redlinegoods :thumbsup:

<

joshuaj0214

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, Delaware
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 5.0 Sport
Go to Facebook and look for Redlinegoods :thumbsup:

Cool thanks Jon! looks like they're in Delaware too about 20 min away from me! I'm definitely going to look into them a little more

<