Another 93 Explorer ,Wont Start (troubleshooting) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another 93 Explorer ,Wont Start (troubleshooting)

93liftedXLT

Reaction score
City, State
left coast
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
This all started 2 days ago, when i left my gf's house in the morning, when i turned the truck over, it started to crank Sluggishly, it started up, and made it home alright, well yeturday morning i went to start it for work, and all i got was,

Ying Ying Ying, Tick Tick Tick TICK click.. and nothing..

so i went and bought a new battery (75 bucks)
and new positive wires (8.50)
and new Negitive wires (8.50)

Installed everything and still nothing... i am working on trouble shooting as we speak, cuss i need to drive to work ASAP, I have a after market remote start alarm, Diss connected all of that, and still nothing, fuel pump turns on fine,

Weird this is, my lights work, power windows work, door sound, and stereo works fine, But it wont start...I turn it to the (on) postition, and the fuel pump goes, then i turn it over to hear 1 Click, then thats it

Anything that can help would be Great, I am gonna start searching now.

Jason

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

try jumping the solinoid

EMG7895 said:
try jumping the solinoid

Which one? and were is it located on the truck?

it might be your starter. the soilinoid is on the starter.

*****inexplorer said:
it might be your starter. the soilinoid is on the starter.

yeah, i was just under my truck, and saw that the lil red wire was diss connected, so i cleaned it up, and put a new connector on it, and still nothing,

Maybe i need a whole new starter...? No ####in clue,

how do i test the starter to see if its bad?

?

Bench testing is quite "easy" .... but can be dangerous. Some parts places will test your starter for you. Basically, you need to clamp it down in a very good vise and then take your cables / battery and connect to the solenoid and see if it "pull up".... that is the first check. The danger comes in the next step where you want the motor to turn... lots of torque so make sure the thing is anchored down well.

EDIT PROBLEM SOLVED

My buddy came over, he is ASE cert for Ford motor's,

He said gimme a hammer, and hit on the starter, and it started right up, then he said, Your starter is going out, along with the Starter relay located on the passenger side of the inner firewall under the hood,

So yeah, looks like its the relay and starter,, Aman :thumbsup: EZ-fix

Another thing to check is the starter relay, which sends current to the starter. I had this go bad on a Ranger, and it will make a rapid clicking noise and refuse to crank because the starter isn't getting any current.

It is the round device that the positive cable attaches to.

Hey, your edit was during the time that I typed my post. :p

Glad you figured it out. :thumbsup:

thanks, check out www.broncoii.org, for other related site, or bronco's and explorer's :thumbsup:

Back