Another blown 4.0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another blown 4.0

Yes, I got the paxton supercharger installed now. but I still have a good question as I was rebuilding my engine I upgraded to 30lb fuel injectors. and will soon will be installing a 190lph fuel pump. The question is do I still need an FMU or will it become useless. and right now I'm fine with the 5-6psi of boost. I have a FMU sitting here and haven't installed it cause I can't get the fuel line coupler to release. probly original from 1992. Any tips or input?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No FMU. If you have a large enough fuel pump and the injectors are big enough then your fuel system is fine. Make sure your FPR is good to go. Just have the AFR's dialed in and you will be fine assuming your MAF is up to task.

another question, and thanks Rocket that did answer my question:thumbsup:....where or who do I send my MAF to get it setup/adjusted right?

:thumbsup:Assuming Rocket is right anybody wanna buy my Paxton FMU? Its set for stock injectors.

another question, and thanks Rocket that did answer my question:thumbsup:....where or who do I send my MAF to get it setup/adjusted right?

:thumbsup:Assuming Rocket is right anybody wanna buy my Paxton FMU? Its set for stock injectors.

You do not send the MAF to anyone to get it adjusted. You get a custom tune which will dial everything in the proper way with the MAF injectors and so on. You have an older Explorer so I recommend that you look at your PCM and write down your code. Then see if SCT supports it.

You might as well use that FMU as a fishing weight. You may be able to go to one of the 5.0 Mustang boards and get something for it.

thanks again, I was reading old articles and it just made it sound like the maf was tuned seperately. But if its only the chip I can do that easy. I had fordchip.com do my chip about 2 1/2 years ago, but I can't get in contact with them and wow did that help alot. any mustang tuning place should be able to reflash my chip for me right?

Are you ready to run that thing? ;)

Come on Jakee, I don't like to show off and beat just anybody, what fun is that?:D

any mustang tuning place should be able to reflash my chip for me right?

It all depends on what platform the Mustang tuning place tunes with. Is it Diablo, SCT, or only standalone's like FAST BS3 or Megasquirt if they play with the big boys. Find that out and then base your selection on that. Since you are blown and will be running a unique combo make sure to take it to a tuner for tuning in person. None of that email tuning stuff unless you really know your way around datalogging.

Back