• Register Today It's free!

Another Coolant Leak

il66pony

Reaction score
City, State
Hawthorn Woods, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Mountaineer
2007 Mountaineer AWD V8. Noticed a fair amount of coolant on the garage floor. Dropping off the frame rail in line with the rear of the front passenger tire. The recovery tank is dry. No obvious wetness from under the hood. Have not smelled coolant in the cabin. Kind of hard for me to get under the car due to back problem. The car has a rear seat heater/AC. is there a second heater core back there?

Any ideas what the problem could be given where the dripping is?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Yes there is a rear heator core but thoes are either steel or aluminum tubes that run to the back. I have not heard of one leaking. Now there is a plastic y piece up by the passenger exhaust manifold and that is a very common place for a coolant leak and fits the area you are saying you have a leak.

Check out this thread here

Possibly Y shape heater hose assembly leaking (common issue on gen4 especially with exhaust manifold leaking)

Also
You have two coolant rubber hoses just beneath spare tire carrier and 4 hoses connected to rear heater core (2 inner and 2 outer hoses).

Check em too

Yes there is a rear heator core but thoes are either steel or aluminum tubes that run to the back. I have not heard of one leaking. Now there is a plastic y piece up by the passenger exhaust manifold and that is a very common place for a coolant leak and fits the area you are saying you have a leak.

Check out this thread here
Wow, Thanks. The other thread you listed is quite informative. It gives me a good place to have my SIL start looking this weekend.

Back