• Register Today It's free!

Another door locking issue...

jdes

Reaction score
City, State
Houston
Year, Model & Trim Level
92' explorer
When I use the remote lock fob, it would take several attempts unlock the door. There were no audible indicators of the first few attempts. Naturally I thought it was the battery but was shown as at "capacity".

The first time it unlocks, the driver's door remains locked. An additional attempt would usually unlock the driver's door.

Now none of the doors will unlock. I've always been able to lock the doors but now am afraid to do so as the doors may not unlock.

I've searched the threads and have seen a few lock issue which may be my issue but they are all slightly different. Would installing an aftermarket alarm fix the issue? I need more insight on this thanks guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Am I posted in the right section?

If you are absolutely certain your battery on your key fob is 100% up to speed with power, then your actuators may be worn out. Do you have to hit the unlock switch on your door panel several times?

If you are absolutely certain your battery on your key fob is 100% up to speed with power, then your actuators may be worn out. Do you have to hit the unlock switch on your door panel several times?

It is a possability that your battery in your truck is tired out. If it isnt kicking the amperage it may cause the actuaters to lag. It would be strange for all of them to start acting up all at once..

The first push of the fob should unlock only the driver's door; a second push immediately after should unlock the remaining doors and hatch. First thing to do is change the battery in the fob. Second thing is to clean out where the buttons push down to make sure that isn't cruded up. Then, replace the fob with a new one. I would do all of these things before I started looking at car battery, actuators, etc.

Back