Another farewell....Peace-Out to my 2004 Limited V8 AWD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another farewell....Peace-Out to my 2004 Limited V8 AWD

pet575

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Limited
Well, as set forth in my other thread about "killing my explorer" my engine locked up at 260K:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427683

Moving on to bigger things I guess. I got 260K out of it and it was still the original transmission and rear end (had pinion ring replaced at 50K). Overall she treated me well and survived WAY longer than I ever thought she would after joining this forum and learning about the driveline issues. Lost the front diff long ago and drove it as a 2WD for over 2 years with no issues.

She needed a few repairs to keep her going and I never could done it without the knowledge and support on this forum. I want to thank all of you guys for your help over the years. Hopefully I gave back with my own posts and we can all call it even.

Probably getting into a 2011 F-150 Lariat w/ a V6 Ecoboost so I'm looking forward to an updated vehicle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad you got good service out of your Explorer, I'm hoping for the same out of my newly acquired 2003 Aviator.

Tom

Sorry to hear but you did get good life out of it. I just bid farewell to my 2003 V8 and I thought I would miss it a lot but the newer trucks and SUV's are so amazing that you'll be so blown away and not even think about your '04. Good luck on your search. I gotta say, my replacement is a 2015 Limited and I absolutely LOVE everything about it.

Hey if I'm that fortunate, it means I'll get another ~90K out of my truck! Just at 167K right now. Hell, even if I get to 200K, I'll call it solid (considering I received my X as a gift).

In the couple of short months I've been browsing here, I've learned a lot. This place is pretty great :)

Sucks that it finally seized up, but you got a good run out of it. What do you plan to do with it, part it out or what?

Also gives me hope since my 99 Sport has ~148k miles.

Back