Another Fuel pump question

ICE CREAM MAN

Reaction score
City, State
South Gate, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Sport Trac
Hello people;

I'm new to the Ford nation. I just bought a used 2002 Ford Sport Trac 5spd manual. It is making a high pitch fuel pump noise. I was looking to buying one online but there are several ones with different dates. For example...To 3/4/2002, from 3/4/2002. I did see something about this information online but I can't find it anymore. I thought it was here but I could not locate it.

Where can I find the model and date I need for my fuel pump replacement? Oh and two more things, where can I find a replacement center consol armrest and a driver side seat cushion?

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The build date of 3/4/2002 is the cutoff point between early and late build 02 4 door explorers. Make sure you pick sport trac.

So the date is a cut off date of the fuel pump used BUT how do I find out when is my cut off date? :scratch: I mean, where do I find the fuel pump I need for my sport trac?

The build date is on the vehicle certification label on the drivers door but it only shows month/year. Since my Trac is a 2002 this got my curiosity up a bit and here's the answer to your question. The 3/4/2002 build date IS also pertinent to the Sport/Sport Trac as well as the 4-door models as swetrid stated. If yours was built BEFORE 3/4/2002 you will have a metal bolt-in pump/sender module. If it was built after that date it will have a plastic pump/sender module that is held in place by a big screw-on locking ring. You should be able to look between the back of the cab and the front of the bed on the drivers side and see the top of the tank and the pump if it's the "before" build. I don't think that's the case on the "after" models. This should be enough info for you to determine which you have.

2002SportandSportTracfuelpumpstyles.gif

Check this 2003 fuel pump replacement project and you'll be able to see the "after" 3/4/2002 pump and how to do the replacement.

Thanks to both of you for your quick reply. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you, thank you, thank you....:notworthy

Back