• Register Today It's free!

Another leak thread

Swamp Fox

Reaction score
City, State
Pee Dee Region - SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT 4WD K-flex 4.0 V6
If I have water leaking into the overhead light at the base of the windshield and on the driver's side floor where should I look first? Should I just assume I have a broken seal on my windshield?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have a sun roof?

Do you have a sun roof?

Yes, and I have not checked to see if the tubes are clogged in a while. Where exactly do the tubes exit to? I heard people mentioning taking the cowl off and checking to see if drains are clogged. If I take the cowl off where exactly do I look to find the drain exit? Also, would this explain water in the floor of the driver's side if there is a clog of some kind?

I have a Lincoln Aviator with a sunroof. I had the exact same problems, leaking both places. I took my compressor and blew air into the drains that cured the problem. I can't say for sure but I think there's a drain in each corner or at least the front two corners. Easy fix and no more leak. They drain out between the door and fender I believe?

Check YouTube

Tom

Thanks. Do I have to worry about blowing anything apart if I use compressed air blowing into the tubes?

Thanks. Do I have to worry about blowing anything apart if I use compressed air blowing into the tubes?

I just gave it a short blast, no problems.

I had a sunroof leak that was caused by two problems...
1) Disconnected drain hose at top near sunroof
2) Clogged drivers side cowl

Thanks. I will try giving the tubes a blast.

Back