Another new guy, So Cal | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Another new guy, So Cal

BigDaddyBry

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT 5.0
Hi,
I just bought a 97 XLT 5.0 2WD. Man do I love it! It has 92K miles on it, white with grey leather. it is replacing my 94 Cherokee that just turned 200K miles. As a Ford guy, the X makes more sense as a daily driver than the jeep. Keepin' it all in the family, ya know? My weekend toy is an 89 Mustang LX with some suspension mods and a mild (260 RWHP) 5.0. It even has lightly worked GT40P heads on it. I'm planning on the "usual" mods for the X; explorer express suspension/lowering, TM headers, catback, etc. I'm also planning to put on the 05 Mustang GT 17" wheels which I previously had on my Cherokee. I test fitted them yesterday, and with a 1/4 Baer billet spacer up front and an H&R hubcentric 30mm spacer in the rear, (same spacers I ran on the jeep as well) they look great. The 235/55 tires are too short (27" tall) so I'm going to get some 255/60s. Well here we go!

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
welcome, you came to the best place for info and some fun...

BigDaddyBry

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT 5.0
Thanks, I'm lookin' forward to it!

Dopler174

Official Welcome Committe
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State