• Register Today It's free!

another no start :(

pocacaptain

Reaction score
City, State
richlands, virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 ford explorer
i have a rather puzzling issue with my 2002 explorer. i bought this vehicle used in the 2nd week of august and this is the first trouble i have had. i do have the door ajar issue and yesterday took all the door panels off and found no obvious broken wires. ( including within the boots in door jams). but that isnt my issue. i rode this vehicle a three hour trip one way to pick up my daughter for visitation and on the way back, within a hour of the house, i turned it off to take her in a gas station to use restroom and it never would start back. it cranks, usually until battery dies, i feel as though its getting fuel, as i took all the plugs out to replace them, and cranked it with no plugs and it was spraying what appeared to be fuel misting out of each plug hole. its getting air and seems to have good compression, it will not start with starting fluid, ive checked all fuses in fuse block behind battery, and even the 30A behind this fuse block, checked all fuses under dash. when i cut vehicle off, i beleive i may have cut vehicle off in drive then put it in park prior to pulling keys out, and it has never started back. i have replaced spark plugs, fuel filter, and crank position sensor. im puzzled. as ive read many threads on this site praying one would lead me to the solution. ive looked at my key and the only identifiable marks i see is a "s" on one side. the obdII reader i hooked up said it had no codes, i imagine because i couldnt start it. i currently dont have a group 65 battery in it, will this cause it to do this ? and yes, since the door ajar light has been giving me an issue, i have boosted this 650cca battery a few times. any and all help and\or advice, guidance, etc.. would be greatly appreciated as i am about to pull my hair out. i dont really want to send it to a ford dealership because i know what i am in for. sidenote: the little red indicator bulb on the left side of dash under the wheel is not blinking, and when u turn key to on position you can hear pump run briefly, one to two seconds, then turn off.

Have you determined whether there is indeed a spark occurring at the spark plugs?

Have you examined the possibility of a burned-out ignition coil?

imp

Iac

Possibly a bad IAC. I have a 2002 Escape that wouldn't start and it ended up being a bad IAC. Put a new one in and it started right up.

Back