Another OHV M90 build | Page 55 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another OHV M90 build

2000 OHV + rpcaster + henson performance = another supercharged 4.0 ohv Explorer

I have goodies from James already (New MAF, 36lb injectors, wideband O2 for tuning)

Here's what came from Ron (Also a fuel pressure gauge and boost/vacuum gauge)

Attachments

• rpcaster.jpg
    rpcaster.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 3,602

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really don't want to take up a bunch of Tim's time. I'm sure he has other things he'd rather be doing.

it should read

i really want to take up tons of tim's time. i am sure he has other things that he should be doing, but is avoiding like the plague.
IDK, something like that....:D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Let's hope we can avoid that part. I always get. Crap in my eyes under the vehicle. I have safety glasses, but am just not smart enough to use them.
Wouldn't help with oil and coolant anyway. We just better avoid that part.

I'll try to update tomorrow night when I've had enough for the night.

lol i nabbed full on goggles with sealed sides from work. but i dont wear them, theyre still in the sealed bag lol. i just depend on my perscription glasses to save me, which they dont lol

put one back in and have it running all in one day.with time to spare;)
well we did get it started before midnight, so that counts lol. neigbhors werent to thrilled about the first appearence of open y-pipe tho im sure haha

Xeek, your just like me (And probably most of us on this forum). We can't spend the extra second to put on safety glasses.

Love your edits Tim!

For the record...I worked my butt off tonight.
Didn't get back from the football game till 10 pm. We won, so next Friday is the championchip. Good, and bad. There goes next Friday night for starting the install of the new motor.

So, rads out, superchargers off, exhaust collector bolts all but off, top bellhousing bolts off (A *****), power steering pulley off.

So tomorrow, starter, flex plate bolts, motor mounts, and the rest of the bellhousing bolts. Then anything I missed.

There was some swearing tonight. I dropped a couple of bolts that didnt hit ground (I hate that) but they should be easy to get with the motor out.

Im beat, just having a post work beer before bed.

For the record...I worked my butt off tonight.
Didn't get back from the football game till 10 pm. We won, so next Friday is the championchip. Good, and bad. There goes next Friday night for starting the install of the new motor.

So, rads out, superchargers off, exhaust collector bolts all but off, top bellhousing bolts off (A *****), power steering pulley off.

So tomorrow, starter, flex plate bolts, motor mounts, and the rest of the bellhousing bolts. Then anything I missed.

There was some swearing tonight. I dropped a couple of bolts that didnt hit ground (I hate that) but they should be easy to get with the motor out.

Im beat, just having a post work beer before bed.

Hey sounds like you got alot of work done!!congrads on the win and good luck next week!cant wait to see the updates tomorrow ..
me i drank way to much tnight and 8am is looking like it won't happen.. especially sense im still at the BAR!!!!HAHAH

Got it out and new one in and running yet?;)

:-(
Nope, just out of bed.
Heading out there now.

More to come!

JD What are you doing up so early after a night of drinking?

:-(
Nope, just out of bed.
Heading out there now.

More to come!

JD What are you doing up so early after a night of drinking?

Hahah i literally just woke up too!!way behind:( and woo yea went a little over board last night!!im one of those guy that celebrate my birthday for a week before and after!!i work for a bar at night also so shots were just coming out of nowhere!!ugg paying for it now tho:(

I beat Tim to the punch. Here's the motor out of my truck.

Im done for the day. Time to clean up for work

Tim was a great help. Id still be swearing on my own, for sure.

Attachments

• Winnipeg-20121103-00085.jpg
    Winnipeg-20121103-00085.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 223

Nice!!!even got it stripped!!didnt take your very long did it;)

Its a lot of work!

Air conditioning, and no body lift. All the bolts around the tranny were impacted pretty tight.

I cant get my egr pipe off. A big piece of me wants to toss it and have James remove it from the tune.

Any one have any tips for me on getting the rockers off the shafts?

Tim was a great help. Id still be swearing on my own, for sure.

HA! it was also because of my fat ass, we had to get bigger jack stands!

here are some of the money shots

DSC02778_Medium_.jpg

DSC02779_Medium_.jpg

DSC02780_Medium_.jpg

DSC02781_Medium_.jpg

the man is a animal i tell ya! 10 mins, and the motor was out!

DSC02782_Medium_.jpg

DSC02783_Medium_.jpg

DSC02784_Medium_.jpg

all things considered, for someone that has never pulled a motor out, don got pretty far on his own.
and yes, who ever put the bolts in there last, should be taken for a long drive down a short road! i have never had to loosen t/c nuts with a breaker bar before.....ever.....

i am just going to post this up here right now. and because of me posting it, we will remember how that goes back on.

DSC02788_Medium_.jpg

Its a lot of work!

Air conditioning, and no body lift. All the bolts around the tranny were impacted pretty tight.

I cant get my egr pipe off. A big piece of me wants to toss it and have James remove it from the tune.

Yea me and xeek don't have AC or egr ;)
GOOD JOB YALL !!

of ####. converter nuts... i think we decided to blue lock tite them last time. thats why i had to pull it out with it attached. took a torch and a lot of muscle to break them loose. never again will i put lock tite on them..

glad to see some progress on it. hurry up and put up pics of the oil pan off. see how it looks

Air conditioning.
lol. because canada lololol

Any one have any tips for me on getting the rockers off the shafts?
pull the pins. hammer them out witha small screwdriver. take off clips. stand shaft upright and take a ball-peen hammer and move them down the shaft. you can grab and twist them off at the end.
thats how to get the bases off. the rockers themselfs just slide off

Hahaha.Xeek, you kill me.
It does get pretty hot here for a couple of months. Need a really good heater also.

Thanks for the how-to on the rockers. That's a tomorrow thing. I'm not even going to bother pulling the pan off my old ohv. I'm not even curious. I think it will be pretty sludge free.

Back