Another question about a noise.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another question about a noise....

Whitese

16 Explorer Interc. Eboost
Reaction score
City, State
North Bergen, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer E-Boost PPV
My 2016 PIU does not vibrate through steering wheel...but at highway speeds I hear and maybe slightly feel the vibrations (unless its mental)....it changes along with the speed...The tires show very even wear..no pulling to either side...no clickity sound associated with hub assembly...I posted a video where I tried to capture the sound...Bear with me and sharpen your ears in the hope that you can hear it.

I wonder about exhaust leak? but wouldn't that throw a code?

You can hear it more clearly at 30 sec...

I don’t hear anything but whatever that constant clicking sound is. Tires can wear even and be noisy.

I’d either forget about these noises, or buy a brand new vehicle with a warranty. No sense in worrying about trouble until trouble comes.

I don’t hear anything but whatever that constant clicking sound is. Tires can wear even and be noisy.

I’d either forget about these noises, or buy a brand new vehicle with a warranty. No sense in worrying about trouble until trouble comes.
Not bad advice....I love this thing so much I kind of want it as reliable as I can make it...Brand new vehicle at these prices nowadays...impossible for me..:)

Not bad advice....I love this thing so much I kind of want it as reliable as I can make it...Brand new vehicle at these prices nowadays...impossible for me..:)
Just depends on what you’re willing to drive. My new car is cheaper than most used Explorers. There’s a million components to these new Explorers. If you can’t feel it in the wheel, it’s probably not bad.

Back