• Register Today It's free!

Another seat question

Nate Tidwell

Reaction score
City, State
Marianna, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer Sport
Yes there are many seat threads, here's another question.
I have sciatica, and as a result, the right lower part of my back hurts most of the time. What seats do you think would be best to swap into my 98 Sport? I need to keep the sliding function as the back seat does get used.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes there are many seat threads, here's another question.
I have sciatica, and as a result, the right lower part of my back hurts most of the time. What seats do you think would be best to swap into my 98 Sport? I need to keep the sliding function as the back seat does get used.
which are in there now? as far as good back support, the sport buckets with lunber have been nothing but amazing. the limited seats are also really good but lack side bolster

which are in there now? as far as good back support, the sport buckets with lunber have been nothing but amazing. the limited seats are also really good but lack side bolster
Broken sport buckets. The lever is broken on the driver's side. Sit and you lay down or get an ab workout.

You can actuate that with a screwdriver and get the seat upright. I build a low profile lever, and screwed it into the bosses where the lever broke off.

Broken sport buckets. The lever is broken on the driver's side. Sit and you lay down or get an ab workout.
hmm, ive found the sport buckets to be quite comfortable, especially those with lumbar. more so than the other seats, such as the base model, imo. plus theyre plentiful still and available in cloth or EB leather ;) or XLT leather

You can actuate that with a screwdriver and get the seat upright. I build a low profile lever, and screwed it into the bosses where the lever broke off.
I had a seat that the lever seemed not to work but it turned out to be one of the pivot bolts had broken. Turns out there is a recall on seats for the bolt failing. Took it into the local dealership to get it fixed for free. They hadn’t seen a first gen sport trac in years.

Check for recalls on your vin and it could be fixed for free.

Back