• Register Today It's free!

Another Sport Trac

dfkimbro

Reaction score
City, State
Franklin, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Sport Trac Limited
So I traded my 2010 limited 4.0L with 103,500 miles on a 2010 limited 4.6L with 61,500 miles yesterday. Both Brilliant Silver Metallic. The new one has a moon roof, an aftermarket backup camera, and LED bed lights that the old one didn’t have. It also has the Limited Convenience Package which adds dual climate controls, adjustable pedals, reverse warning sensors, roof rack cross rails, and the towing package. So basically every option except 4WD, navigation system, and the Adrenalin trim package. Both trucks are in pretty good physical condition but the old one had some minor cosmetic body items. Other than a few paint scratches and dings, the new one is nearly pristine inside and out.

Best of all, it’s a V8, and sounds awesome.

All that, and it was one local owner here in middle Tennessee, so no road salt, and I was able to stop by the garage where it’s been maintained since 2013 to talk to the mechanic. I’m hoping that I found a unicorn here.

Photo below after they swapped my custom wheels from the old truck to the new one.

5D020A1B-85A9-4C48-9CA4-26E12208AB3B.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like you scored a real gem. I imagine it is rare to see so many options on a 2WD. I wouldn't mind a 2WD myself for the reduced weight, better fuel economy and less things to go wrong. I rarely use 4WD these days.

Thank Eddie! The one I traded was 4WD, and I had mixed feelings about giving it up. However, the winters here in the Nashville area a mild enough that it’s only needed a few days a year at most, and I don’t plan to take it off road.

Hello to a fellow Middle Tennessee resident. Very nice 'Trac, and great miles on it. I keep a 4x4 due to my job requirements. Yes, the past couple of winters have been mild here, but snow or not I have to be in the office. Being in a leadership role and doing a job that is related to a Constitutionally required function in TN, I have no choice. My '09 Trac is just an XLT, somewhat loaded with adjustable pedals, sat radio, auto lamps and mirror, key less entry, and 17" wheels. Also has the hard tonneau cover from the factory. I did not buy it new, but it was also a Tennessee truck its whole life. This is my second "Trac, I had a '05 previously. Enjoy your 'Trac, maybe I will see you around town. Mine is Sport Blue in color, but all stock in appearance.

Thanks gtyates! Love the blue ones. I tried to talk my wife into buying a blue one that was at a CarMax in Las Vegas a couple months ago but she wasn’t going for the shipping fee or for driving it back here.

Ironically, the one I just bought was at the VW dealership just north of Rivergate, so it was in your neck of the woods!.

This is my third Trac. First was a white 2003 XLT THAT I had for almost 10 years. The one I traded was a 2010 Limited 4.0L V6 4x4. It’s up on the Hallmark VW website but they haven’t posted any photos yet.

Looks like you found a NICE one !!!!!!! CONGRATS !!!!!!!!

We haven't had ours very long, but really like/enjoy it !!!!!!! FORD should bring it back, and get rid of the RANGER !!!!!!!!! (IMO)

Nice!

The 2WD Gen2 Sport Trac with a V8, independent rear suspension, and full frame is a great setup. There is no other truck like it.

Add a Spartan Locker if you need more traction, see Spartan Locker Install Ford 8.8 IRS

Back