another subwoofer questions

interscope8

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Purdue University
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac 4x4
ok, so, I will be putting in a new subwoofer and amp really soon! All that is holding me back now is time (2 jobs and school). So, I gotta find an empty weekend to get all this done.

Before I takle this though, I need to get some guidence from all of you on the forum! And in return I'll make a write up to end all the subwoofer/ audio questions (or at least end most of them).

So, when i remove the stock sub and amp, will the wires back there plug right into the new hardware?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just bought one, and have a stock sub - so once I dig in - I'll let you know what I find. I'm sure plenty have done this, so I'm shocked that more folks have not chimed in. I'm pretty sure that the factory wiring will not just plug in. My plans are to run new amp wires, and then just run the speaker wires to the sub. Should be pretty quick and easy. I'm also installing a rear camera, and a dvd touchscreen - so i'll be posting pics once completed. I'm still debating if I put a flip down in the back for the kids. They are pretty upset that I will have a tv and they won't. :)

I know there are TV head rests for like $100. They just slide into the seats, the trick is running the wire so it doesnt look janky! :) but ya lemme know whats up with either a PM or just post on this thread. I got a nice camera and a couple free weekends coming up so I'd love to do a write up for everyone else out there.

If u find a link for those head rest tvs let me know. I was thinking flip down, but headrest ones would be cool too. Decisions decisions.

Back