Another successful manual 4406 Transfer Case conversion!! SWEET! | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Another successful manual 4406 Transfer Case conversion!! SWEET!

williams.cory

Reaction score
City, State
Rust Filled, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 5.0
Hey all,
I've been wanting to put a 4406 transfercase in my explorer for a long time now. Well, yesterday I picked up a manual 4406 from a 98 F-150 with 103k miles. Paid $250 and it included all linkage and the shifter!! got the front and rear driveline from the junk yard and got it all in last night and today. tomarrow i put the linkage it.

But WOW, this thing is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to use 4 low!! there is a total difference! And i give a HUGE thanks to MountaineerGreen, V8boatbuilder and all the other guys who did great write-ups on here! Made it alot easier. :salute:

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

williams.cory

Reaction score
City, State
Rust Filled, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 5.0
damn, posted in the wrong section. I was looking for a transfer case section but wow, guess i didnt see it, but i do now!! lol.

<

<

williams.cory

Reaction score
City, State
Rust Filled, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 5.0
Congrats! Now go tear something up! lol

oh dont worry about that!!! I cant wait to do it. I havnt put the front driveline in because I lost one of the caps that go over the ujoint and connect to the differential! damn! now i have to wait till monday to go the junk yard and find one.

<

Spdrcer34

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XL
...That's a perfect excuse to replace it anyway. Now would be a PERFECT time to put a new U-joint in! And the Parts Store is open on SUNDAYS!!!

Ryan

<