another summertime ac question | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

another summertime ac question

CmdrPopNFresh

Reaction score
City, State
Salt Lake City, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport
anyone know how much pag oil to add after a flush? i cannot for the life of me find specs anywhere. im doing a retrofit to r-134a and im wondering how much pag oil to buy.

thanks guys!

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

CmdrPopNFresh

Reaction score
City, State
Salt Lake City, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport
o there it is! i always forget that we have alldata here.

just incase someone else is doing the same as me

32oz of r-12

7oz of yn-9 oil

so hopefully il charge it the same amount for 134......any ideas? ive never done a retrofit before...at least im cutting my teeth on my own vehicle

<

meterman1976

Reaction score
City, State
spokane, washinton
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
dont quote me on this, but i believe i remember reading somewhere, you put 80% of the R-134a in.. so how ever much of the r-12 minus 20% is what you put in of the R-134a

<

marragtop

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
balt, md
Year, Model & Trim Level
91, 92, 95, and 2000 xlts
Are you sure you got all the old oil out? Did you replace the accumulator and orifice tube?

<

eXcali

Reaction score
City, State
Bourbonnais, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Explorer XLT AWD 5.0
I would use a quality guage to be certain of fill lvl. If you know someone with a shop you could sweet talk them into filling it up at their cost. Some shops only pay $6 per pound for R134a. The do it yourself cans will run you about 4X more..

<

CmdrPopNFresh

Reaction score
City, State
Salt Lake City, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport
I would use a quality guage to be certain of fill lvl. If you know someone with a shop you could sweet talk them into filling it up at their cost. Some shops only pay $6 per pound for R134a. The do it yourself cans will run you about 4X more..

i am a ford tech so ive gat all the ac equipment i need and i can fill for free. and i did a very thorough flush......i guess il see what happens

<

Anime

EF YEAH!!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 EX Sport Concept
What sort of retrofit? Are you using the Ford kit, or just putting R-134a in an evacuated R-12 system?

<