• Register Today It's free!

another summertime ac question

CmdrPopNFresh

Reaction score
City, State
Salt Lake City, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport
anyone know how much pag oil to add after a flush? i cannot for the life of me find specs anywhere. im doing a retrofit to r-134a and im wondering how much pag oil to buy.

thanks guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

o there it is! i always forget that we have alldata here.

just incase someone else is doing the same as me

32oz of r-12

7oz of yn-9 oil

so hopefully il charge it the same amount for 134......any ideas? ive never done a retrofit before...at least im cutting my teeth on my own vehicle

dont quote me on this, but i believe i remember reading somewhere, you put 80% of the R-134a in.. so how ever much of the r-12 minus 20% is what you put in of the R-134a

Are you sure you got all the old oil out? Did you replace the accumulator and orifice tube?

I would use a quality guage to be certain of fill lvl. If you know someone with a shop you could sweet talk them into filling it up at their cost. Some shops only pay $6 per pound for R134a. The do it yourself cans will run you about 4X more..

I would use a quality guage to be certain of fill lvl. If you know someone with a shop you could sweet talk them into filling it up at their cost. Some shops only pay $6 per pound for R134a. The do it yourself cans will run you about 4X more..

i am a ford tech so ive gat all the ac equipment i need and i can fill for free. and i did a very thorough flush......i guess il see what happens

What sort of retrofit? Are you using the Ford kit, or just putting R-134a in an evacuated R-12 system?

Back