Another Texas SAS | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another Texas SAS

I figured now was the time to go ahead and put a thread up about my axle swap. The axle build and fab work are being done by Texas Auto Gear, www.texasautogear.com , here in Houston. The axle is a Dana 44 from a '75 bronco that has been slightly modified for my use. It was built with 4.56 gears, detroit locker, Warn axleshafts, CTM Ujoints, Jeep Wagoneer hy steer knuckles, and a *******ized Ford/Chevy brake setup. The completed axle is pictured below. They are currently doing the fab work for the install, which should be completed by Sat.

DSC00198.JPG

DSC00199.JPG

I'm sure I forgot some details, so feel free to ask. I'll happily answer questions about anything but cost. If you want to know what it cost, build it.

That looks great man, hope to see it again sometime.

OK That is sweet! Lets see somke pics of it in action. I love the bumper w/ the XD9000i and the Beadlocks. Sweet!

Pics of it in action are coming. We were at Alto this weekend and it all worked pretty well. There are a few little things that need to be addressed, but that is to be expected. It also needs one new hub now:rolleyes:

The bumper is plenty stout and held up well to a severe side pull and a rather large tree this weekend. The winch is a HS 9500 high speed from warn. And unfortunately the beadlocks are not mine. They were on loan until I got my wheels mounted.

It'll be back in action for the upcoming Gilmer trip at the end of July.

Back