Another tire question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another tire question

osofaraway

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hi, I'm a new member and just bought a 2002 ST 2WD for my son, he would like to add new donuts to his stock rims. My question is what is the largest BFG all terrain he can put on stock rims with a 3in. body lift without donut rubbing? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dunno dunkin doughnuts might be able to help a little better!!!

Careful how you answer. Anyone reading this tomorrow will think you've lost you mind!

I don't know where the donuts and pizza termonology came from, my words were Title: Another tire question

insert tires for donuts and the for pizza : I'm confused by this being inserted in my post.

It's an April Fools joke- Pizza is substituted for "t he" and Donuts for "t ires"

Probably confusing for new members- you must think we're mad... :)

Yep, messed with me last year !!! Ha ha ha!

265/75/16 or a skinny 33 like a 285/75/16. If you want anything wider then 11" then you need different rims.

I guess I picked the wrong day for my first post. I would think people in the forum would have a answer to my question now that it makes since.

Guess you and Clusterpup were posting @ the same time. Sorry, I can't help with that question. I LOWERED my 4x4 ......... I like to be different.:D

Well that and the fact that my wife isn't quite 5 feet tall. If Mama isn't happy, nobody's happy!

There is some tire size info in the FAQ section http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238632 and probably much more available through a quick search.

Ah we posted at the same time. Welcome to the forum by the way.

265/75/16 or a skinny 33 like a 285/75/16. If you want anything wider then 11" then you need different rims.

I'm not sure I understand, I thought the 265/75/16 was a shorter version of 285/75/16, is one skinnier than the other?

265/75/16 = 31.7"x10.4"
285/75/16 = 32.8"x11.2"

You dont want to go with something like a 305/70/16 because thats 12" and would be too wide for a 7" rim. Here is a good site for you to bookmark.

http://www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp

Back