Another tire size question

MAS Tequila

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Boca Raton FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
I'm putting about 2" of lift in the suspension.

New 1750 lb springs with an add a leaf in the rear, and torsion keys in the front.

My question, and I've read posts on the site for hours on end, is that the chart says that 32x11.5's require extensive fender trimming.

Then it says you may be able to run 33 x 10.5 x 15's.

How much trimming would be necessary with the 33 x 10.5's?

Thanks in advance

MT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd check gearing before throwing 33s on there.

Honestly, toss a body lift on it if you want to fit the 33s and make it look good/clean.

I have 33/12.50/15 Dunlop Mud Rovers on my sport. It has a 2" TT and 4 door leaves with AAL and shackles. I had to do MINOR trimming to the rear of the inner fender liners and the bumper. Each one of these trucks is a little different and it takes some trial and error for fitment. I cant stand body lifts and think my truck looks "good and clean" the way it is. Your info says you have a 5.0 mounty so I'm guessing 373 gears which most or all 5.0s came with so you should be fine turning 33s, I ran mine with 327s on the 33s for a while, yea it was a dog obviously and I re-geared to 410. Here is a pic for reference
ex1_zpse23b992d.jpg~c200

So there is a possibility that with a tire that is 2 inches narrower, that it may take even less trimming.

Thanks

MT

I have 33/12.50/15 Dunlop Mud Rovers on my sport. It has a 2" TT and 4 door leaves with AAL and shackles. I had to do MINOR trimming to the rear of the inner fender liners and the bumper. Each one of these trucks is a little different and it takes some trial and error for fitment. I cant stand body lifts and think my truck looks "good and clean" the way it is. Your info says you have a 5.0 mounty so I'm guessing 373 gears which most or all 5.0s came with so you should be fine turning 33s, I ran mine with 327s on the 33s for a while, yea it was a dog obviously and I re-geared to 410. Here is a pic for reference
ex1_zpse23b992d.jpg~c200

Rim width backspacing is important also, as I said mine are 15x8 with 3.75 backspacing. Good luck and lets see some pics when you're done!

As stated above, each truck is just a little bit different but it is enough to see relativley large differences when you are making this type of modification. My experience; 32x10.5 (actual measured size, not branded size)- when turned full lock, the inner front edge of the tire will slightly rub the anti roll bar. When turned opposite direction full lock, the outter edge of the tire will make contact with the inside portion of the inner plastic fender liner. This will be enough to require trimming, about a 6 inch oval completly removed. The actual metal fender will clear with little or no trimming.

A wider tire in my case would have required "extensive trimming". My bumper would have required absolutly no trimming. Even with 12.5 width tires. As you can see there is quite a bit of difference truck to truck. I need chains fairly frequently, so I ended up going with 31x10.5's. The 31's are actually only 30 inches in diameter and the chains will still rub a bit at full lock with certain suspension loads.

Back