• Register Today It's free!

Another towing ? sorry

Djsynystr

Reaction score
City, State
Bethlehem
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 4 Door AWD
I have a 97 AWD 4.0L SOHC with a factor trans cooler in front of the radiator as well as the radiator one. class 3 hidden hitch and a 3.55 rear. i have a small 4 by 8 covered utility trailer i use for my gig equipment. total loaded is 3500 or less. i have done some searching on here and have found different things regarding towing so maybe someone can chim in. will this be a problem towing with my explorer with what's in it now. thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No you will not have any problems, your hitch is rated to 5,000 lbs, the trans cooler although not needed due to the weight of the trailer will help.

You'll feel a lot better about towing if you install a tranny temp sensor and guage.

Attachments

• DSCN2455.JPG
    DSCN2455.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCN2461.JPG
    DSCN2461.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 200

yeah i actually bought a trans cooler before i noticed it had the add on. i was going to install that soon. was also looking into the trans temp gauge. where did you get your guage housing and what are some brands that i can look into. i see some people have the filter/temp combo going on and others just a guage. i looked on ebay but only found guages non really with the sensor and housings.

Summitracing.com I think it was about $100 to my door. The guage pod is for a Ranger, you won't find a lisitng for an X

when you buy the gauges do they usally come with the sensor/sending unit or is that something else i have to buy? thanks for the help so far.

all in one

Mine had everything except the A pillar pod. That was $21 plus shipping

when you buy the gauges do they usally come with the sensor/sending unit or is that something else i have to buy? thanks for the help so far.

It depends on the manufacturer. If not packaged with the instrument, it will be available from the company.

Back