Another trip to the drag strip! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another trip to the drag strip!

Well Splat and I just got back from the drag strip. I ran 4 times and played around with some launches and also with my timing, but stayed fairly consistent.

Best:
2.205 60'
6.432 330'
10.012@68.78 1/8
13.152 1000'
15.861@82.70 1/4

I was hoping for mid-high 15s, around 15.8 so I'm pretty happy. I did take some stuff out for weight reduction, pretty much my sub and spare were the major things I took out. I ran on pump 93 octane and pretty much in the same trim as I run on the street. Complete with steel rims and 33x12.50 tires. Oh, lots of mud too. They made me wash my truck once but almost nothing came off so they let me race with the truck really dirty.

I don't have accurate reaction times because it was green light racing, no amber lights on the tree. Also, there was no competition or published times. And I did hot lap it, only giving the truck about 15 minutes to cool between runs.

All in all I'm pretty happy. Most people at the track were impressed with a 4500 lb truck with 33" tires in the 15s.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh also:

I'm running 4.30 gears in the diff.

Like I said, I ran 4 times. Almost every car there was faster than mine, but 3 of the 4 times I beat my opponent to 40 mph :D Gotta love truck torque! They were all in the 14s the car that beat me to 40 ran in the 12s.

well i can only say, that ain't bad at all. Ive only had one run with my car, and it was on a cold day at ther 1/8. Street trim, heavy silver rims, tool box in the back for traction and tires fully deflated, before the 4.10s, and i ran 10.30 on the 1/8 with the car sideways the whole way. But i beat the cobra in the left lane. He ran a 10.10 but my .322 to his .614 reaction time got me home faster hehe. Needless to say, thats not bad man.:confused:

those are really some good times for a V6 with 33's. good job! and also, when i had nitrous and was running 15.2's, from what i remember my 60' times were slower than yours. im thinking i was around a 2.30-something. so, even though i was faster in the 1/4 on nitrous, you would have beaten me in a street race. and that's really all that matters.;)

From what other guys were saying, I had the fastest 60' time of any vehicle out there over 3800 lbs other than the Lightnings. There were some guys that were just hanging out in the waiting lanes the whole night and they said many of the hardcore drag guys where giving me kudos ;)

I need to find a track i wonder what times i would run.

Originally posted by Johhny Island
I need to find a track i wonder what times i would run.
Florida dragstrip listing Dead Link Removed

those times are ok but you can run a lot faster with a good tune and some more go fast parts. my friend richard went a 13.8 in his 4x4 extended cab ranger with a 4.0 back in the day with the same size tire but with a 5 spd and a paxton.

I'm hopefully doing some engine work this summer and will gain some power. I don't want to gain too much though and kill the tranny again.

blk mk8, just curious, what times was the troll running before the 347?

before the 347 we where in the 14's which is like a hight 13 any where else. maroslow sucks.

Back