another wheel question, i need help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

another wheel question, i need help!

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
hey all, can anyone answer this for me? i found a guy who is selling his wheel set and i wanted to know if they will fit on my 2003 ST which is sitting at stock height. the tire/wheel size is 30" x 9.5" x 15" Pro Comp Mud Terrain Tires & 15" Wheels. if anyone can help me with this i would really appreciate it.

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also, you need to know the lug nut pattern. Its needs to be 5 on 4.5.

oh yeah, i know the lug pattern on the ST is 5 on 4.5 and thats what these wheels are. he said he was running the wheels on a stock height acura MDX and that he was using 1/4 inch spacers that he would throw in for free. so am i good to go on this purchase fellas?

Check the second link I posted to make sure they both have the same hub bore size or they won't fit.

hey rebel, so i looked at that chart you posted, and according to the chart the center bore on the acura MDX, which is what these wheels came off of, is 64.1 and the center bore on my ST is 70.3. he said he was going to throw in 1/4 inch spacers too. im not too sure about stuff when it comes to wheel talk, but from all this info, will the wheels fit?

Is he close to you to try test fitting them before you buy them? Is your Trac 2wd or 4wd, if 4wd maybe but test fit anyway but if 2wd I think the rotor hub and spindle dust cover might not allow it to fit over it since the hub bore is so far off.

thanks fro the tips reb, i will def. bring my jack and test fit these puppies before i make the transaction. when i test fit them, is there anything i should i be looking for other than a flush fit to the hub?

Clearance over the rotor/ caliper and tie rod ends. Also set it on the ground and turn the wheels lock to lock to check for clearances on the sway bar and frame.

If you have a 4wd measure the hub on you truck and see how far out it sticks, the 1/4 spacers might allow for hub clearance.

Make sure before you buy these though, hate to see you get stuck with wheels you can't ues.

Back