Another window problem

musicman79

Reaction score
City, State
Bradford, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 XLT
I have a 2001 XLT 4 door 4.0L

I had a strange problem today. The front driver's side window rolls down but not up. When I push the button to go up I can hear a relay under the dash clicking 2 times.(click,click while holding the button)

The kicker is the front passenger window works fine from both the driver and passenger doors, but the rear windows will only work from their corresponding switches and don't work from the driver's side control.

I took the door all apart tonight in the dark and got the switch out and cleaned all the contacts. I will put in back in tomorrow and see if it helped.

If anyone has any window schematics or information about this problem I would appreciate the help.

Thanks Tony

It sounds like the switches to me. If the cleaning didn't help try switching around the switches...ie put the passenger window switch in the drivers side window switch slot. If the results are the same you can eliminate the switches as the problem.

If it's intermitent it could be a broken wire in the big connector with a rubber boot going to your door. All kinds of wires fatigue in this boot in particular in colder climates.

Back