Another year older | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Another year older

Perry

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Loveland Co.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
So in some ways it sucks getting old, but today I had a blast. Yesterday went to the doctor & he put me on high blood pressure medicine, then today Teri & I went on 51 bike ride. In bike world you ride the miles of your age.

Teri was awesome, she has only been riding for a few months & she did the 51 miles with me....

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

unclemeat

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
I feel your pain. Ill be 51 a week from Saturday. I will not be riding 51-miles. I'll go to the gym, but I will not be overdoing it. I have to keep myself from overdoing it, because it take much longer to recover.

<

2000StreetRod

Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Sport FI, 03 Ltd V8
beats the alternative

Getting old beats the alternative. Many years ago while in college I rode my bicycle long distances (up to 60 miles). By your rule I would now have to ride my bike 65 miles. Instead I walk briskly for 30 minutes three times a week.

<

Perry

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Loveland Co.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Getting old beats the alternative. Many years ago while in college I rode my bicycle long distances (up to 60 miles). By your rule I would now have to ride my bike 65 miles. Instead I walk briskly for 30 minutes three times a week.
That is true, I would rather be above ground any day.
I know a few people & see many people that are still riding in there 60's & that is my goal...

<

College Student

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indinapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 EB
you guys are role models i'm turning 19 Saturday and i cant even do that i think but i might push a hefty 2, i don't know i haven't ridden on the bike trail before and need to see how far i can go, ill count it out for you Saturday and tell you guys my results

<

College Student

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indinapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 EB
sorry guys i didn't go biking 19 miles i did bike tho, my ex broke down so i spent all Saturday in a hardees parking lot trying to resurrect my car that wouldnt turn over

<

Perry

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Loveland Co.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
sorry guys i didn't go biking 19 miles i did bike tho, my ex broke down so i spent all Saturday in a hardees parking lot trying to resurrect my car that wouldnt turn over
Bummer you didn't get out & ride. We had perfect weather yesterday so went for a 35 mile ride, with over 1,000 ft. of climbing. It was slow, average speed was 11.3mph, but my top speed was 44mph & Teri's was 36mph, which is her fastest so far.

Teri now has over 700 miles on her bike since we bought it back in June.

<

College Student

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indinapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 EB
Im not sure I will get that number anytime soon, but yeah I spent my birthday with my car trying to trouble shoot. Doesnt work when the electonic plug is burned and now I need to repace parts

<

<