• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Antenna bracket for sale...

LowdPypes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Mountaineer
To anyone interested, I have made 15 driver's sides and 10 passenger side's in 1/8" stainless steel. These are truly awesome. If you all are interested, let me know. At $25, shipped, you can't beat'em. Lemme know...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

LowdPypes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Mountaineer
pic 1

Attachments

• p2280005.jpg
    p2280005.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,085

LowdPypes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Mountaineer
pic 2

Attachments

• p2280006.jpg
    p2280006.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,108

LowdPypes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Mountaineer
pic 3

Attachments

• p2280008.jpg
    p2280008.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,100

bates

Shine on Benevolent Sun
Reaction score
City, State
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie Bauer 4x4 4dr
how do they attach? did you screw them to the inside, above the tail light housing?

XplorerKid

Rolling on 37"s
Reaction score
City, State
Winter Haven Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Xplorer
hey can i call dibs on one of them i wont know wut side i want till tommorow

thnx very much i was jsut fixing to fab one of these up but i rather jsut pay you the 25$

PEACE

PS:: they will fit first gen right ??

bates

Shine on Benevolent Sun
Reaction score
City, State
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie Bauer 4x4 4dr
o i think i get it now, they use the screw for the tail light housing...ingenious!

LowdPypes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Mountaineer
i haven't tried them on a 1st gen... I'm sure that there wouldn't be too much involved in making it fit though... send it back if it doesn't. Yeah, no holes to drill, just unscrew the two tailights screws, install, and screw back on. No rusting, no holes to drill, no screws to mess with.... holds great... just let me know which side you want... paypal works best. Peace ploders.

Xlt-RATED

Reaction score
City, State
Rockford, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT 4x4
LowdPypes
Cound I get a day picture of the Cb antenna on your truck? My Email address is Bullracing98@aol.com.
$25 is that just the bracket or the bracket and the antenna.
If its just the bracket what kind of antenna is that ?Thanks
Jason

LowdPypes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Mountaineer
it's just the stainless bracket... if a few of you want them then I can do them a little cheaper. I will try and get a pic up tomorrow.

ExplorerEB96

Elite Explorer<br>Explorer Babe
Reaction score
City, State
Spring Hill Florida (Weeki Wachee) from Bucks County PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 EB-gone 13 Honda Pilot
I'm interested...

they only fit CB antenna's? Seems stupid but here on the east coast....the ORV Park we go to requires us to have the orange flags on our trucks.....they are always flying off and getting lost when I put them on my whip antenna or on the regular antenna. I got mad cause those stupid flags cost $5. I was getting sick of having to replace them....... so....I went out and bought a kids whip bicycle (orange) flag but have no way of actually putting it on there.....the CB antenna's look like they have a much wider diameter than this little whip flagpole.....but it looks like something simple to put on my truck to keep the damn flag on it...... lol confused yet?

Karol

LowdPypes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Mountaineer
just let me know the diameter of the hole you need to mount the whip... or I can just not drill one and you can do it. You could put a whip on one side and an antenna on the other... ;-)

if you want one, just email me.... BBX@ec.rr.com.

Chew_12

Working
Reaction score
City, State
Chandler, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
I am interested, Could you give a close up, with the trunk open? Kinda hard to see with the far away one.

Chew_12

Working
Reaction score
City, State
Chandler, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
and will it work with a 93'?

Xlt-RATED

Reaction score
City, State
Rockford, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT 4x4
LowdPypes
I was just checking out your Mercury on CarDomain.com.
Thats a Sweet truck have there . How many horses do you have now?

JasonF

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT 4x4 4.0
What is the consensus on reception with the antenna in that location? I'm using a Wilson mag antenna on the roof now but want to switch to something permanent. I'm afraid if i put a fiberglass antenna on the roof I will be hitting it on a lot of things though. Suggestions?

Jason

LowdPypes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Mountaineer
Mine picks up great... prob better to have it as far away from the engine compartment as possible as well as the fuel pump. I should have some pics today... it's been kinda crappy out lately.

transmissionguy

Reaction score
City, State
greentown , Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer xlt
where did you get your antenna to fit the bracket? The ones i see at radio shack are pricey so i was wondering how much you got yours for and How low will you go on the bracktes for a group of peopling wanting them I am interested in a passenger side bracket for my 94 .

LowdPypes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Mountaineer
I have a K40... I got it off ebay.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Yomie

Reaction score
City, State
Biloxi, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Toyota
How long is that antena?