Antenna plug?

Freshmo55

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
Hello-

I was trying to install a new 12 disc changer yesterday in my x, but I am not sure how my antenna cord works.
It shows on my intructions that I am suppose to connect my antenna cord to my changer and then a seperate cord from my changer into my radio. But when I pulled out my factory radio it looks like my antenna cord is connected to my radio. Is the antenna cord the orange one that runs directly into the back right side of the radio?
Does anyone know how I am supposed to hook up an aftermarket changer to my factory radio?
It is a JVC changer and I am hooking it up to my factory '99 radio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much!

If you bought one that uses FM modulation, you do plug the antenna into the changer, and then the changer into the head unit. the orange cable is the antenna wire. It just pulls out of the back of the radio, no spring clips or latches on it.

It just looks like it is fully connected to the radio, doesn't look like a plug or anything. Like it's not supposed to be disconnected.

So, I should just pull it pretty hard out of the back of the radio and it should come out?

Thanks!

Pull it out. Wiggle it a little as you pull on it and it should come out pretty easily.

Back