Any 3rd gen 4.6's running SCT tuners? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any 3rd gen 4.6's running SCT tuners?

jdmitrswapped

Reaction score
City, State
albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Limited
A tuner seems like a justifiable expense. Anyone with the SCT x3 or x4?

I read old threads about it, they were mostly focused on the ecoboost EX.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I plan to, and also plan to purchase a custom tune to correct my tire size.

I'm going to be getting one for an engine swap. I'd actually like to know more about other brands before purchasing. Is SCT the best, the least expensive? What else is out there and are they worth looking at?

I'm going to be getting one for an engine swap. I'd actually like to know more about other brands before purchasing. Is SCT the best, the least expensive? What else is out there and are they worth looking at?

If you have a 2004+, look into HPTuners. It is more than buying an SCT, but is much more robust and offers the ability to fine tune everything yourself.

I bought one brand new for like 50 bucks cheaper than anywhere else but to really get the most out of your tuner, you need a custom tune. It comes with preloaded tunes for the 3 different fuel octanes. I'm running the low octane tune and can really tell the difference but I also have a 75mm throttle body, CAI and flowmaster.

Back