any after market parts / products out yet? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

any after market parts / products out yet?

jakefeb3

Reaction score
any after market parts / products out yet?

Is there any word on any programmer's, cold air intake, or any other common after market stuff coming out? Or is anything available yet? I have seen nothing on this subject

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still way too early for that stuff. If we see anything before the summer I'd be surprised. 3rd-party companies don't move at the speed we would like, from my experience at least. Comes with buying a new model vehicle.

I was speaking with WeatherTech yesterday about cargo liners and floor mats. I want the one piece for the 2nd row, and I was told that once the specs are out it would be 6 - 7 weeks before they would have them available.
The parts guy at the dealership couldn't even tell me if the 17" base steel wheels would fit the Limited. While they have part numbers, even they don't have the specs yet. :scratch:

hmmm. Yea this is what I was expecting. I was just checking to see if anyone knew anything more. I always get a sour taste in my mouth when the dealership does not know everything about their own car. I end up getting better info from forum members here, than calling up my dealer.

I dont even think that 6 months will be a good time.

The explorer has never been a big after market area from the start.

hmm. I had a similar experience when I got a new 2004 f150. It is goofy how there are huge markets for products on certain cars, and almost nothing on others.

I always get a sour taste in my mouth when the dealership does not know anything about their own car. I end up getting better info from forum members here, than calling up my dealer.

Fixed that for ya... :D

I think they will only release a K&N filter and not a complete intake kit. Its well over a year before you see any real "upgrades" to any vehicle.

I think I am experiencing withdrawal from leaving the 2010 camaro market. They had a huge lineup of third party after market stuff before anyone hardly even had a car. I got that car in late 2009, and had headers and an intake installed before jan of 2010. Now of course that is a totally different situation. That was a "hot rod" car and etc... I anticipated this was going to be how it was going to go. I just hope that it will be sooner, rather than later, that some options start showing up

That is funy Peter, a week ago Weathertech told me 4-6 weeks for the Cargo matt, however they had told another guy 4-6 weeks as well and he asked about 2 weeks before me.

K&N has the filter and Thule has rack systems available.

Back