Any cool escape mods? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any cool escape mods?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That looks great, did you cut the wheel wells or go right over the body? Looks great!

403-D257086EAF33-5402-000002AF7FF00CD2_zps7020ae66.jpg

flares on escape

There will be much cutting...but that's half the fun

agreed, I did it w my Blazer....Looks great!

thanks! im pretty pleased with it. I have to get my winch mounted up and get my front and rear bumper nudge bars welded up. So much more fun to come.

what was the width of the cot you made?

thats a good question. I would assume from 2.5" - 5" depending on where the flare had to be. I laid it out with tape and marked it. Had to cut my gas door, and front and rear bumpers. I am still going higher with my bumper cuts at some point. This is just a preliminary fit.

"Its an art not a science!" to quote Rango the lizard...

the rear quarter is double walled so that was alot of work. front fender much thinner material.

nice. I cut my entire rear bumper skirt off except for what covers the actual bumper...Every time I go over whoopdeeeees my rear skirting got pretty beat up. no probs on that particular area of the trails

yeah I am trying to decide what to do on the bumpers. i kind of cut and stare and cut and stare until I like how it looks. I may try your technique. Sounds like a good idea. I removed my spare so theres alot of room back there now

awesone, i hope to mount mine in my cargo area as long as Im stiill off road w the E..looks excellent...

just saw the post re: rear bumper. Ill post it Sat...

Can you explain a little bit of how you went about doing the fenders? I know you bought the flares for a full size pick up but how did you go about cutting and how do those things bolt on?

Not easy to explain,

remove factory flares, hang the big flares on the side with duct tape where you think it looks nice. Draw a line with chalk, tape, etc.

cut at a line approximately 1.5" smaller/lower than the chalk line, cut and bend it in to create a new fender lip. then attach the flare to that new lip.

thats the best I can do

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back