Any Explorer Dudes In/Near Boise, ID Up For Some Audio Installing? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any Explorer Dudes In/Near Boise, ID Up For Some Audio Installing?

lightningrodbob

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer V8
Within the next few months I'm planning on saving up some cash and getting a new HU, a new sub/amp and probably some new speakers. I would feel a lot more comfortable having somebody who has installed systems in Explorer's before rather than trying to do it myself and screwing stuff up, or having my neighbor (mechanic) do it; true, he's a mechanic, but I'm not sure how much experience he has with car audio, and I know Explorer audio systems are pretty tricky (the location of the amp for example, requires removing of the entire quarter panel).

I'm not rich so I can't pay you $100 an hour or anything haha. But if anybody feels like doin a little work, let me know and we can talk about payment and see if I will be able to afford your services haha.

Again, this probably won't be until the summer, but I'm probably gonna start doin some research now on what components to buy and how much those are gonna cost me.

Let me know if anyone is interested. If nobody is, or nobody lives nearby, I'll probably just ask my neighbor "how do you feel about installing some knock in my truck?" haha

I had no clue how to install any audio stuff by myself in a car, then I got bored one day and installed my first system which consisted of 2 subs, new HU, amp and components. Once you do it once yourself you realize how simple it is. Google search the basics like hooking up an amp, and running the wires and you will be golden. PM me if you have any questions at all about systems or how to install them, or PM any of the other great audio guys around here and we will talk you through it man.

Back