Any folks in Seattle area want to G.T.G. for A/C Stuff? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Any folks in Seattle area want to G.T.G. for A/C Stuff?

Fredness

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Tejas!
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Sport Trac Adrenalin
Replaced a condensor due to previous accident damage, when doing a radiator upgrade.
So I figured, since the system was open, I'd replace the orifice/filter, seals and receiver/drier and flush the lines.
We got any A/C Pros out there?
Not like we need a reason to get together (GTG), but this would be a good one!
I've got no tools/experience but I'm willing to give it a shot...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Albino 94LTD

Recovering from Moab 2016
Reaction score
City, State
Newcastle Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
White 94 Limited
Callsign
KG7PKQ
I don't think any of us have a set of manifold gauges or a vacuum to pull down the system.

If they did it would be Diff Whack Daddy(Kevin) in Mt Vernon or JrGaylor (Joe) in Onalaska.

Wait, maybe Whitetrashfab (Ben)-Tenino or Abe Lincoln (Forest) Enumclaw would have those things?

whitetrashfab

Reaction score
City, State
Tenino, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
I do AC at work but I dont have anything at home to do AC stuff. I would just pay a shop thats local to pull a vacume, check for leaks, and charge it. That way if you have any problems you can just take it to them. That way if you do have a slow leak you can bring it back. It shouldn't be that much? I think we charge an hour and how ever much r134 it takes to fill the system (like 2lbs for your rig) and check cycle times.

Fredness

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Tejas!
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Sport Trac Adrenalin
Dealer wants $150 to start...

Albino 94LTD

Recovering from Moab 2016
Reaction score
City, State
Newcastle Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
White 94 Limited
Callsign
KG7PKQ
I'm a little confused here (nothing new). You work at a performance shop or something like that and it doesn't have AC tools??

Where do you work (location not just company name)?

whitetrashfab

Reaction score
City, State
Tenino, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
for example, we charge $85 bucks and hour at the shop I work at and any additional parts/service charges on top of that. I wouldn't take your rig to the "stealer-ship" unless you want to throw your money away... Try a loacl independent auto repair shop. Prices are much more reasonable and the quality of service is better for older rigs that the dealers want nothing to do with.

Just my 2 cents...