Any good traction aid out there? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any good traction aid out there?

Homeworld8118

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 sport trac limited v8
Im about to move to Sault St Marie MI where there is a crap ton of snow. I love the ST and it’s a tank in the snow but I was looking into some sort of traction aid to carry with me just in case. I don’t like the thought of plastics but I know there are some quality plastics these days. And steel seems to be a little more difficult to find. Just wonderin if any one has any luck out there. Thanks!

Tad Murphy

These looked decent.

http://www.tred4x4.com/index.php/products

I live in Alaska, all you really need is a shovel and bag of sand or kitty litter and it would accomplish much of what those look like they'll do. I could be wrong though, the copy on the website makes those look neat, but I have my doubts on what a molded piece of plastic is going to do. If they're not outrageously expensive I'd pick up a set.

I live in Alaska, all you really need is a shovel and bag of sand or kitty litter and it would accomplish much of what those look like they'll do. I could be wrong though, the copy on the website makes those look neat, but I have my doubts on what a molded piece of plastic is going to do. If they're not outrageously expensive I'd pick up a set.

Thanks for the reply. Yea I was going to pack a shovel In the storage compartment. Does sand really make that big a difference?

We use to have metal folding ones in VA but I feel they would just sink down in deeper snow. They are a little pricier, 170.00, being why I was a little more leery to try.

Back