any imput on this tire and/or deal? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

any imput on this tire and/or deal?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They look good. Here's a review I found:
http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/Pro-Comp-Xtreme-all-terrain.htm

For an A/T, the overall score is fairly good (keeping in mind that an A/T tries to be everything for all conditions, so does none of it extremely well - ie will be good on road, but fair in snow, but that's better than being good in snow, and fair on the road if you do mostly road driving).

i am a volunteer firefighter... we have a F450 brush truck/utility truck...

the fire house bought these tires 2 months ago, everyone at the firehouse says nothing but good things about them... the truck has yet to get stuck on us.

as heavy as the truck is, they still grab and pull us out of the worst mud spots we have in the wildlife preserve we cover...

our firehouse is buying 3 other sets for our chief vehicle and 2 F150's

hope this helps sway your opinion

Danny

They look good. Here's a review I found:
http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/Pro-Comp-Xtreme-all-terrain.htm

For an A/T, the overall score is fairly good (keeping in mind that an A/T tries to be everything for all conditions, so does none of it extremely well - ie will be good on road, but fair in snow, but that's better than being good in snow, and fair on the road if you do mostly road driving).

i am a volunteer firefighter... we have a F450 brush truck/utility truck...

the fire house bought these tires 2 months ago, everyone at the firehouse says nothing but good things about them... the truck has yet to get stuck on us.

as heavy as the truck is, they still grab and pull us out of the worst mud spots we have in the wildlife preserve we cover...

our firehouse is buying 3 other sets for our chief vehicle and 2 F150's

hope this helps sway your opinion

Danny

Thanks for the imput guys it helps alot

-chris

Yeah, that's a great price for Pro Comps , they're not cheap.

Yeah, that's a great price for Pro Comps , they're not cheap.

Well good news just bought the tires:thumbsup:, 650 including shipping cant go wrong with that. well the bad news is that im BROKE haha well least it went to a good cause LOL;)

congrats on the purchase dude !!!!!

the 2 F150's at my firehouse came back from our local truck performance shop all tricked out today !!!!

my fire chief loves off roadin so naturally he hooked up the firehouse utility pick ups lol ( fire chief owns - 2007 EB, and a 2000 xlt with 5'' lift with BFG's )

F150's - 2 2005 FX4 w/ K&N intake, header back true dual flowmasters,
3'' lift, 32'' PRO COMPS A/T, lastly badass brush gaurds !!!!!!! and off course sirens and a light bar

they are so badass - he even took one off roadin an hour after they came in lol !!!!!!!

hope you enjoy the tires

the 2 F150's at my firehouse came back from our local truck performance shop all tricked out today !!!!

my fire chief loves off roadin so naturally he hooked up the firehouse utility pick ups lol ( fire chief owns - 2007 EB, and a 2000 xlt with 5'' lift with BFG's )

3'' lift, 32'' PRO COMPS A/T, lastly badass brush gaurds !!!!!!! and off course sirens and a light bar

they are so badass - he even took one off roadin an hour after they came in lol !!!!!!!

hope you enjoy the tires

I think we need some pics pls.

hope you enjoy the tires

I am surprised he is not taking heat over that. Tax payers where I live would get bent out of shape over something like that.

no elite status yet to upload **** dude...

he isnt getting any guff since hes been the firechief for 30 years, plus he runs the township highway garage !! hes has alot of pull in the town so no one really gives him a prob... plus hes the kinda guy that will give you the shirt of his back to help you out... and he has literally - ive seen him do it

once i go elite i will borrowa camera for the pics !!!

tires should be in monday, so now im just waiting on those spacers. cant wait to see the results when im all done.:thumbsup:

I wonder how they are in snow, rain... Im reading the reviews now and most of the comments are for mud...

no elite status yet to upload **** dude...

he isnt getting any guff since hes been the firechief for 30 years, plus he runs the township highway garage !! hes has alot of pull in the town so no one really gives him a prob... plus hes the kinda guy that will give you the shirt of his back to help you out... and he has literally - ive seen him do it

once i go elite i will borrowa camera for the pics !!!

I think it is cool but I know where I live it would cause an uproar. Glad y'all are able to do it. You never know when you might have to put out a fire at the end of the rubicon trail :)

Back