Any Intrest In X Upper Control Arms | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any Intrest In X Upper Control Arms

GPRACING

Reaction score
City, State
Summerville,SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 5.0
We all know that ranger upper arms are not the anser for the camber/balljoint problems of the explorer.I have a friend that owns a mustang/chassis shop in Fl.He builds 25-1 tube chassis race cars and such.He was one of the first to build k-members/tubular control arms for mustangs.Anyways I was telling him about the suspension problems of the lowered x.He said that if there was enough intrest in them he would consider building x specific upper control arms that would fix the problem.I would have to get at least ten people that would buy them.They would cost between $400.00-$450.00.The reason for the cost is time.I would have to take him my truck,let him build a set off it.make sure everything is right,then he would have to make a "jig" of the new arms in order to make exact copies.He is not asking for any money up front but he just doesnt want to invest all this time for one set.let me know what yall think.thanks,Tripp

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It would be alot more worth it if he would build lowers to go along with uppers to give a few inches of drop. Thus, you could run 2-3" of drop with the control arms and still have the factory ride, or go down on the bars and get another 2" or so on top of that. Problem is, with the torsion bars de-cranked enough to get 4-5" of drop the ride is hideous and i dont know anyone who has done the torsion adjuster flip that lived with it for very long. It would be nice to have good camber/caster at that much of a drop..... but long term i think we would see alot of these used in the for sale section because no one is gonna want to live with the ride quality for more than a few months. FYI i lived through it for almost a year and my ass is still sore. :D

ranger arms work fine...damn how loud do i have to scream

So the upper and lower control arms work fine just have to find a way to work in a coil spring?

not sure about the lowers but im sure they will but like you said you have to find a way for the coil but my thing is its just like bagging it to be real about it, just build an upper pocket for the coil.

I would be interested in a pair.

sup, im not a explorer guru so what difference does it make and does that help for lowering them and whats the and using the ranger parts and coilovers how low does that get you. and for ride quality i know it isnt great but is it any worse then a car and can it help em handel better. and for what years :exp:
thanks,
Josh

Back